CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Where did the G-Tech forum go?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul TothWhere did the G-Tech forum go?
by on Sep 1, 2012 at 3:49:58 pm

Am I to assume that G-Tech didn't want to be involved anymore? It seems like any smart company would have a forum here.

thanks

Return to posts index

Adrian CutlerRe: Where did the G-Tech forum go?
by on Sep 5, 2012 at 3:04:51 pm

The Creative Cow has decided to remove G-Technology from it's forum.

As well as contacting G-Technology for support or using our online resources, you may also use the G-Technology forum on our website.

Thank you.

Adrian Cutler

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Where did the G-Tech forum go?
by on Sep 5, 2012 at 7:27:32 pm

[Adrian Cutler] "The Creative Cow has decided to remove G-Technology from it's forum. "

This is simply not true. The founders of Creative COW were personally committed to G-Tech's success from the very beginning through their prior relationship with G-Tech's founder, and actively solicited G-Tech's participation in the COW.

When we had not heard from them in a while, we specifically asked if they were interested in continuing to work with us, and they specifically declined.

It's unfortunate to see Adrian creating a COW account just today for (apparently) the sole purpose of making such a post.

We at the COW will be happy hear directly from somebody at G-Tech that they would like to continue working with us. They may contact us at the email addresses and phone numbers that they have had for us since before G-Tech even opened their doors.

Regards,

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

hank robertsRe: Where did the G-Tech forum go?
by on Dec 4, 2012 at 4:43:52 pm

Could someone summarize, if the forum can't be restored?

I've been reading reviews at Amazon for G-Tech's warranty repair/refurbished drives.
G-Tech's support/website is not at all clear, and neither are the resellers.

The _only_ clear answer at Amazon says to review the information here. Excerpt:

Need further proof? Simply go to http://www.creativecow.com and look under FORUMS. There you will find one for GTech. Man you will get an eye full! "Now my 2nd GRAID is failing!" "Lost all data, HELP!" "Drive won't mount". "Power button won't work." "Drive makes strange noises". And my favorite, "Are all GTech drives really bad, or is it just me?"

Nope, it isn't "just you". I've had the president of GTech call me and replace ALL of my GRAID drives because I raised such a stink about the lousy quality and the failure rate. At that time, I had 3 or 4 drives fail in a year--one only 9 months new, and the replacement RMA drive failing after 30 days!

Return to posts index

by on Dec 4, 2012 at 5:09:50 pm

[hank roberts] "Could someone summarize, if the forum can't be restored?"

I'm sorry Hank. The forum can indeed be restored, instantly, if G-Tech were inclined, which they are apparently just not at this time. But I think you can safely assume that if somebody provided a link to verify his claims that he was willing to stand by them. You might try asking a follow-up question in his Amazon comment.

Sorry not to have a better answer.

Regards,
Tim

Return to posts index

Sebastian HagemeisterRe: Where did the G-Tech forum go?
by on Jul 28, 2013 at 11:38:11 am

Hi Tim, i know this is a long shot but is there any chance of retrieving a single message from the G-Tech forum? I foolishly thought this might also be a good place to archive the info i posted if i need it in future.

I'm sure i can find the links again so not crucial but would be helpful.

The posts still show up as search results but only show a portion.

Cheers,
Seb

Return to posts index

by on Jul 28, 2013 at 5:04:59 pm

Can you give me an example, Sebastian?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]