CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Where did the CalDigit forum go?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray ChungWhere did the CalDigit forum go?
by on Aug 27, 2012 at 2:34:11 pm

Lots of important info in that forum for those of us who use and depend on CalDigit RAIDs/storage. Did they merge with another and I'm just missing it? Odd that such a major manufacturer here would disappear. Please advise, thanks.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Where did the CalDigit forum go?
by on Aug 27, 2012 at 8:10:53 pm

Hi Ray,

It was their choice to no longer be involved with the COW. Feel free to tell them you'd like them to reconsider.

In the meantime, I can point you to the COW's SAN Forum to find what you're looking for.

Regards,

Tim

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine
Twitter: timdoubleyou

The typos here are most likely because I'm, a) typing this on my phone; and b) an idiot.

Return to posts index

James KingRe: Where did the CalDigit forum go?
by on Aug 28, 2012 at 1:45:30 pm

Hi Tim,

This is James from CalDigit. We have just had an internal meeting and can not verify asking for our forum on the COW to be taken down. Now either there has been a mistake here or there has been a miscommunication.

I would like to state on behalf of the company we would like to bring our forum back online.

If you have any instructions that state otherwise please get in touch with me.

Thanks

James King
CalDigit UK LTD- European distribution for CalDigit eusales@caldigit.com
Follow us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CalDigitStorage

Return to posts index

John MulhallRe: Where did the CalDigit forum go?
by on Sep 4, 2012 at 4:45:44 pm

James,

Any insight into why CalDigit tech support (and sales, for that matter) won't return my emails regarding a massive failure on an HDPro 24 unit? I'd have thought buying tens of thousands of dollars of product would warrant a spot of customer service, but guess not. We're already looking for alternatives, and we'll advise others to as well.

John Mulhall
Mothership Creative
310-526-7427

Return to posts index

by on Sep 4, 2012 at 4:39:21 pm

That was what I was wondering too. Seeing as I've had horrible customer support (can't even get an email response) from them regarding a massive failure on an HDPro 24 unit, is this company long for the world?

Return to posts index

by on Sep 4, 2012 at 4:47:45 pm

Please can somebody from the COW forums make contact with me or please provide me with contact details regarding getting the CalDigit Forum back online.

For people with CalDigit support issues at the moment please e-mail support (at) CalDigit (dot) .com
If you still get no response please e-mail James_King (at) CalDigit (dot) com and I will follow up for you and make sure somebody gets you a response.

Thanks

James

CalDigit UK - European distribution for CalDigit eusales@caldigit.com

Return to posts index

by on Sep 4, 2012 at 4:55:18 pm

Hi John,

I have passed on your information and problem and asked them to contact you. I am going to be in Amsterdam at a show for the next week so I will have limited access. However if you still are not receiving the support you deserve please contact me on here again.

Thanks

James

James

Return to posts index

by on Sep 4, 2012 at 5:43:43 pm

Thanks.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 6, 2012 at 5:09:11 pm

Still no response from CalDigit.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 8, 2012 at 10:57:40 pm

Hi John, Can you confirm you have still not had a response?

I have highlighted the issue to all possible parties. Unfortunately due to my presence at IBC I only have access to my e-mails in the evenings. please do let me know regularly if you are still not getting a response so I can continue to mount pressure.

I will get you a resolution to your problem,

Thanks

James

Return to posts index

by on Sep 8, 2012 at 11:46:18 pm

James,

I have still not heard from anyone on this issue. Did you receive the email chain I forwarded to you?

Thanks,

John

Return to posts index

by on Sep 12, 2012 at 2:22:25 pm

Hi John one of my colleagues has contacted me to say that the e-mails he is sending you are bouncing.

I have asked him to try again but to also CC the info and sales accounts for mothershipcreative.

I am now back in my office again so it will be much easier to arrange.

Thank

James

Return to posts index

by on Sep 12, 2012 at 3:05:47 pm

James,

We were affected by the Godaddy outage...I'm sure that's why he got bounced emails. Everything is back online now though, so if you could let him know to try again, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

John

Return to posts index

by on Sep 4, 2012 at 4:59:59 pm

And gents, as I mention above, please check out the COW's SAN forum. You'll find people using all kinds of systems who are in a good position to advise you on a variety of choices.

Regards,
Tim

Tim Wilson
Creative COW Magazine
Twitter: timdoubleyou

The typos here are most likely because I'm, a) typing this on my phone; and b) an idiot.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 14, 2012 at 4:41:16 pm

Just to notify all CalDigit customers we are currently in talks with the COW to get our forum put back online. If in the meantime you do have problems please e-mail our support team. Otherwise I look forward to speaking to you all soon on the forum again.

James

Return to posts index

Jayasri (Joyce) HartRe: Where did the CalDigit forum go?
by on Jun 16, 2013 at 5:00:22 am

Any decisions yet? If not, is there an archive of the earlier threads?

Jayasri (Joyce) Hart
Los Angeles, USA
htp://home.earthlink.net/~hartfilms

Return to posts index

by on Jun 16, 2013 at 7:34:16 am

It was CalDigit's choice to no longer be involved with the COW. Feel free to tell them you'd like them to reconsider.

In the meantime, I can point you to the COW's SAN Forum, as well as the COW's brand new Storage Forum, to find what you're looking for.

Tim Wilson
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Thomas FrankRe: Where did the CalDigit forum go?
by on Oct 21, 2014 at 9:21:37 am

Wow what miscommunication here!
I see post from CalDigit to get there forum back up but then again is suppose to be CalDigit's choice to no longer be involved with the Creativecow.

I hope we will see a forum for Caldigit in the near future... like next week ;)

No really would be nice.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 22, 2014 at 5:09:33 pm

[Thomas Frank] "Wow what miscommunication here!"

There has been no miscommunication.

Despite what a distributor for the company says, we have not heard from the company itself. They have our contact information. If they'd lost it, they could use the Contact links at the top of this page, or the phone numbers we have posted on our company information page.

Let me be clear about this.

CalDigit does not want to participate in Creative COW.

I do not understand why you (plural) keep asking us about it. We have a link at the top of the forum page explaining the situation. I have said repeatedly on this thread that they have not contacted us, and they have not. They are clearly not interested in supporting their customers here.

THIS IS CALDIGIT'S PROBLEM TO SOLVE.

THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO.

I would take it as a personal sign of respect if you would not make me keep saying this over and over. But I will anyway. LOL

THIS IS CALDIGIT'S PROBLEM TO SOLVE.

THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO.

I used to suggest that people contact CalDigit to try to change their minds, but I now believe that this would be a colossal waste of your time. Don't bother.

The only GOOD use of your time to get support for your storage issues is to post your inquiries in the the COW's SAN Forum, as well as the COW's Storage Forum. In both of those forums, you will find the industry's most experienced and generous experts on every brand of storage. They are ready to help you now.

Go to one of those forums now. Go to both of them. Do not hold your breath waiting for CalDigit. It is a waste of your time, and we would much rather you help you with your problems than waste your time.

Tim Wilson
Creative COW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]