CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Wireframe

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gloria AugustWireframe
by on Aug 12, 2012 at 5:23:31 pm

To create wireframe images: Create an image in Photoshop. Make it into a 3D object. Go to 3D on Window Panel (still in Photoshop). In "render settings", select wireframe. The you can flatten the wireframe and save it (it won't hurt anything). ( I prefer this rather than to go 'backgroundless' into After Effects --in this case only--it's just easier to manipulate things in After Effects this way). Import into After Effects. In After Effects, add a background of your choice in a new composition. Place your 3D image from Photoshop above the new background layer. Turn your Photoshop into one of the 3D's such as "Perspectives" - I chose "cylinder". Then key out the old background. Use DigiEffects to create the wireframe in the image you want (I needed to create a missile). Then create your 3D layer and animate as you wish although the "x" effect gives a nice rotating tunnel effect. Once you have created an animation you like, render it. I was able to get math equations to rotate into the missile. The effect was precisely the effect of a sophisticated wireframe program. I had just today to create this wireframe. This worked. I struggled with rendering my original objects as an exported wireframe and it only rendered it as a 2D. Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]