CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Final Cut 7 not launching Motion 4 after downloading FCX the New Motion & Compressor

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony andersonFinal Cut 7 not launching Motion 4 after downloading FCX the New Motion & Compressor
by on Aug 2, 2012 at 3:51:36 am

YES

I used the practices recommended for downloading to the same computer with Final Cut 7 installed. Did the folder thing like I was informed to do. I know from reading things all over the internet the new Final Cut X and Motion 5 no longer provide round tripping. That is a feature I was just getting used to using in Final Cut 7. I assumed after separating FC 7 and FC X with the Folder instructions that said FC 7 would continue to work as it always has after doing so, the ability to round trip would still be available to me while using FC 7. However, when I try sending to motion from FC 7 now it tries to launch Motion 5 very slow in doing so and sometimes doesn't launch. WHY? According to instructions Motion 4 should still launch because 5 has been placed on the shelf so to speak with the new FC X and Compressor with the folder thing.

In addition to that question, Noticed in Motion 5 when iI was playing around, video was sluggish while playing and quality was not as good as original clip being used. Normal?

Thanks,
Tony

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]