CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

My Posts are always delayed while "under review"

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim WilsonMy Posts are always delayed while "under review"
by on Jul 11, 2012 at 2:29:50 pm

So, I've been on this site for years and I don't remember having to have my posts "reviewed" before recently. What's that all about? It's a bit frustrating to wait when I might be seeking urgent advice (of course this isn't always the case, but sometimes it is). Is this a temporary thing? If so, how temporary?

Thanks,

Jim W.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: My Posts are always delayed while "under review"
by on Jul 11, 2012 at 4:49:55 pm

The computer thinks you may have said a bad word, one that is in a list of keywords that are forbidden, so it holds the post until some live body checks it. I've learned not to take it personally.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: My Posts are always delayed while "under review"
by on Jul 11, 2012 at 4:58:01 pm

That may be it, but I'm not sure. All I can see is that there's nothing on the admin side that shows your account as under review in any way whatsoever.

Note that the naughty words mechanism can catch words for unexpected reasons. For example, "speci a list" (without spaces of course) gets caught in the filter that protects us from thousands of attempted spam posts for the 5 letters in the middle: ci a lis. Sometimes annoying, but the overall outcome is critical to keeping those kinds of posts out of the forums. You get plenty of those in your email.

That may not be it, but as I mentioned, your account is marked as completely non-moderated.

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine
Twitter: timdoubleyou

The typos here are most likely because I'm, a) typing this on my phone; and b) an idiot.

Return to posts index

Jim WilsonRe: My Posts are always delayed while "under review"
by on Jul 11, 2012 at 7:34:46 pm

Huh.
Yeah, every time I post it says I'm being monitored for "possibly breaking the rules" or some other similar reason.

Oh well. Thanks for the replies guys. Guess I'll sleep well tonight :D

Jim W.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: My Posts are always delayed while "under review"
by on Jul 11, 2012 at 7:59:33 pm

next time it happens in a way that makes no sense, send us a copy of the post via the Contact Us link at the top of the page, we'll see what we can figure out....

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine
Twitter: timdoubleyou

The typos here are most likely because I'm, a) typing this on my phone; and b) an idiot.

Return to posts index

Ronald LindeboomRe: My Posts are always delayed while "under review"
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 11:19:12 am

The mechanism will always tell you why it happened. The dialog box that pops up tells you the word that the mechanism sees that is causing the post to be put under review.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO Emeritus, Creative COW LLC
Publisher Emeritus, Creative COW Magazine
A 2011 FOLIO: 40 honoree as one of the 40 most influential publishers in America
http://www.creativecow.net

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those that matter, don't mind -- and those that mind, don't matter." - Dr. Seuss

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]