CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

embedding HD video

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Liembedding HD video
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 2:25:57 pm

The video I've uploaded isn't HD but when I hit HD on, the compression is visibly better.

Ahowever When I try to embed the 640x360 version on my website it embeds the standard version. Is there a way of embeding it with HD on by default?

Thanks

Andrew

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: embedding HD video
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 3:33:40 pm

Hello Andrew,

Unfortunately there is not a way to embed with HD on by default at this time. Many people complain about the playback stuttering as it buffers which is why we don't default to the highest quality anymore.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Andrew LiRe: embedding HD video
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 4:07:58 pm

Hi Abraham

Thanks for the speedy response! Do you know if you have any future plans to have this available as an embed option? I imagine it would be quite simple to implement as your reply suggests that it defaulted to HD on in the past.

The reason I've opened an account is because the Vimeo standard compression quality has dropped recently so I am looking to migrate my content. Having the HD embed option may entice people to Creative Cow who are looking for an Vimeo alternative.

A

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: embedding HD video
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 4:32:04 pm

Hello Andrew,

Yes, we are considering this when we update the videos section with new embed controls. I've added an Easter egg for you to access this functionality. If you add ?hd to the end of the embed URL it will turn hd on by default.

e.g.

<iframe src="//reels.creativecow.net/e/15436" width="900" height="506" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://reels.creativecow.net/film/bonk-visuals-showreel-2011">BONK! Visuals Showreel 2011</a></p>

becomes

<iframe src="//reels.creativecow.net/e/15436?hd" width="900" height="506" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://reels.creativecow.net/film/bonk-visuals-showreel-2011">BONK! Visuals Showreel 2011</a></p>

Abraham

Return to posts index

Andrew LiRe: embedding HD video
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 5:11:45 pm

Hi Abraham,

That's excellent, thank you! I'll give it a go.

Andrew :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]