CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

please fix the location bug!!!

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Coolidgeplease fix the location bug!!!
by on Apr 6, 2012 at 12:42:11 am

every time I return to Creative COW my location is automatically changed to Rodchester New York!!! I have edited my location back to Paw Paw Michigan 8 TIMES NOW!!! I also put the arrow thing on the map to that location 8 TIMES NOW!!! but every time I return, my location says Rodchester New York!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: please fix the location bug!!!
by on Apr 6, 2012 at 2:32:42 pm

Hello Justin,

Thank you for reporting this bug. We'll try to isolate what may be causing this issue for you.

How long does it take before your location is reset?

What page are you using to update your location?

Abraham

Return to posts index

Justin CoolidgeRe: please fix the location bug!!!
by on Apr 6, 2012 at 2:57:43 pm

it returns like the next time I return (usually the next day)... and I change it using 'Edit Location'

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: please fix the location bug!!!
by on Apr 6, 2012 at 3:15:26 pm

Hello Justin,

Thank you for the feedback.

Looking at your location record it looks like you've had a few different ip addresses which are tied to your account.

Every time your ip address changes the system tries to automatically figure out where you are based on our ip to location database. Once you update your location, that location is stored for that ip. The system handles ip changes this way so as people travel, perhaps across the world, their single registered location is not the only location used.

It is possible that what you are experiencing is the frequent changing of your ip address. There may, of course, be a bug that I'm unaware of which I hope to catch based on hearing your concern.

Thanks again,

Abraham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]