CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Site really buggy and slow on the iPad

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph MastantuonoSite really buggy and slow on the iPad
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 2:51:58 am

Anyone else having this issue?

Basically, on the iPad, everytime I try to scroll down on a thread it bumps me back to the top of the page. I'm guessing this has something to do with the way the ads are loading?

Also, have I missed it, or is there a way to make it so that everything defaults to show entire thread? Every other forum I use shows the entire thread.

I've started only looking at the site on the iPhone, because the mobile version is the only version that's somewhat pleasant to browse as it loads instantly, defaults in thread view, and make it easy to browse through a whole bunch of threads. Kudos on the mobile site. Not that I mind the ads, I've discovered discounts and products that I've liked through the ads. I just wish that there was an ipad specific version or that ipads defaulted to the mobile site.

Joseph Mastantuono
http://www.goodpost.net
Color Grading & Post Production Consulting

Return to posts index

Ronald LindeboomRe: The existing site predates the iPad,
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 1:47:27 pm

Hello Joseph,

As the existing site predates the iPad and is in the process of being replaced, we are not going to spend any time getting the old site to work on the iPad. The site we are working on will work on iPads, etc., and is coming online one channel at a time.

The iPhone .mobi app is also slated to be replaced.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
A 2011 FOLIO: 40 honoree as one of the 40 most influential publishers in America
http://www.creativecow.net

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those that matter, don't mind -- and those that mind, don't matter." - Dr. Seuss

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]