CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

How long do we stay in moderation?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David BittermanHow long do we stay in moderation?
by on Jan 28, 2012 at 3:32:52 pm

Although I've been a member of the forum for months I've only recently started participating more. I've been involved in several ongoing threads and was curious how long it takes to come out of moderation?

David

Return to posts index

Ronald LindeboomRe: How long do we stay in moderation?
by on Jan 28, 2012 at 7:08:36 pm

Hello David,

Our mechanism is not based on time, it is based on activity, positive feedback, etc.

We do not use time as a factor because if we did, spambots and other nefarious accounts would sign up and simply wait out our clock and then bomb the site.

So, we have a developed a system that frustrates most all of the spambots and keeps them off the site, while keeping the amount of frustration for our legitimate members to a minimum.

We apologize for the inconvenience but if we didn't do it this way we would be cleaning the forums all the time, due to the incredible surge and degree of aggression that spammers have directed at sites like Creative COW.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
A 2011 FOLIO: 40 honoree as one of the 40 most influential publishers in America
http://www.creativecow.net

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]