CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

I love the HP Z800 supplement with the new magazine

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob ZelinI love the HP Z800 supplement with the new magazine
by on Nov 24, 2011 at 2:38:48 am

It just reinforces to the community, that there is another great computer besides the Mac Pro (sorry Boxx users).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Stephen SmithRe: I love the HP Z800 supplement with the new magazine
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 9:40:51 pm

I'm a Mac only dude and I was happy to read every article in the HP Z800 supplement with the new magazine. It was interesting to see how a PC could fit in our workflow. We are looking into it now. Thanks for your awesome magazine!

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: I love the HP Z800 supplement with the new magazine
by on Dec 14, 2011 at 10:19:33 pm

How would a Z800 workstation differ from a self-built machine with basically the same parts but the lower price tag?

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: I love the HP Z800 supplement with the new magazine
by on Dec 15, 2011 at 5:05:59 pm

For me I have been 100% Apple for a long time...FCP only runs on a Mac. Things have been shaken up and while reading the article it is the first time that I thought about a PC. For me it was about looking at alternatives and the HP Z8000 just happens to be one.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Bob ZelinRe: I love the HP Z800 supplement with the new magazine
by on Dec 27, 2011 at 12:03:28 am

the Z800 is qualified by EVERYONE -
so if you run Adobe, AVID, Blackmagic, AJA, Matrox (etc, etc) - everyone qualifies this exact computer. If you build your own, you are on your own. There is a value to standardization - knowing for sure that if the "next thing" comes out - the odds are that the new product will run on the Z800, because it has been tested on the Z800. With brand X, you may be posting on Creative Cow, saying "how come I can't get my XYZ to run on my super fast computer that I just built with the same specs as the HP Z800".

Aggrivation is worth a lot of money.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Michael GriggsRe: I love the HP Z800 supplement with the new magazine
by on Dec 28, 2011 at 9:19:51 pm

[Bob Zelin] "Aggrivation is worth a lot of money. "

Someone should put that on a t-shirt.

:-)

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: I love the HP Z800 supplement with the new magazine
by on Dec 28, 2011 at 10:34:50 pm

[Michael Griggs] "[Bob Zelin] "Aggrivation is worth a lot of money. "

Someone should put that on a t-shirt. "

With Bob's picture on it. :-)

Return to posts index

Sean MullenRe: I love the HP Z800 supplement with the new magazine
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 12:06:25 am

[Stephen Smith] "I'm a Mac only dude and I was happy to read every article in the HP Z800 supplement with the new magazine. It was interesting to see how a PC could fit in our workflow. We are looking into it now. Thanks for your awesome magazine!"

I was a Mac only guy until recent. I fired off a massive render queue of 630 5K comps on Sunday evening and it's still going. I know this may be a bit extreme, but for my shop this is a regular occurrence. I may stick with the Mac for building and every day work, but I can assure you that I'm switching over to the Z800 for rendering. This article really opened my eyes.

Sean Mullen
Creative Director, Creative COW
General Manager, Creative COW StockYard
CEO Rampant Design Tools
http://www.rampantdesigntools.com

Return to posts index

Rafael AmadorRe: I love the HP Z800 supplement with the new magazine
by on Jan 10, 2012 at 2:35:16 am

The killing of FCP and the uncertain future of the MacPros may lead to that many all-live-mac (as my self) users end up working on PCs.
I've never been afraid of PCs but of Windows.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Bernard NewnhamRe: I love the HP Z800 supplement with the new magazine
by on Feb 28, 2012 at 8:08:26 am

I don't know about the Z800 in particular, but most PC builds by most manufacturers change almost by the week. Memory and drives especially are just commodities, bought by the thousand by large companies. So it's very likely that the computer that company X tested a product by company Y on, isn't now buyable by you, as they've changed the spec weeks ago. If HP hold the spec on a Z800 for more than a few months, its old stuff.

So, as the man above says - "what the point of buying a specific model PC when you can build a better one cheaper". And why would you want a Xeon processor for video editing? They are incredibly expensive and don't add anything. For the very large majority it's like buying a Ferrari for going to the shops.

And why on earth would anyone be afraid of Windows? It runs the very large majority of personal computers in the world. 15 years ago and more it had its bad times - and so did OS9 - but that's a long long time ago.

B

bernie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]