CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Where can I find projects to work on for free?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James WhittleseaWhere can I find projects to work on for free?
by on Nov 8, 2011 at 2:02:45 pm

Hopefully this is in the right place.

Are there any websites that people can load OMFs or edited videos that need to be mixed? I want to learn to be a dubbing mixer and need some projects to work on I guess. I don't really think that this is a post for the jobs wanted as I'm not able to dub mix someone's project for them if they're expecting a professional job in return.

I've heard of similar places that exist for people to upload stems of music tracks so that people can download the stems and get practice mixing them and wondered if they exist for film projects?

I'm looking for some short films or documentaries ideally.

Thanks,
James

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Fred JodryRe: Where can I find projects to work on for free?
by on Nov 10, 2011 at 6:59:51 pm

James, the bandwidth to transport good video and audio over the internet from day to day is rather problemmatical. Surely I don`t see Alexa producers exchanging large samples without mailing. So rather than deal with the hard or impractical why not concentrate on mailed to and from you data? One of your I guesses is the question of quantity versus quality or professional quality versus what someone wants to pay you on these projects. In point of fact the amount and types and qualities of work that needs to be done in television, film, publishing, and some other maedia can best be described by the words of Walt Kelly the creator of the comic strip, Pogo. "We are surrounded by insurmountable opportunity". In my area of the business there is certainly more work than I could ever try to do in the category of restorations alone. More than half of the work is done in analog not digital form and some is physical restoration,like hand carving missing record grooves or film cementing new sprocket holes, others synthetical. E- mail your e- mail onto mine and we can trade sketches of what could be set up for.

Fred Jodry
educationalbroadcasting(ahhht)hotmail(dotttt)com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]