CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Post Organization Ideas or Philosophies for the modern day podcaster

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross MacartneyPost Organization Ideas or Philosophies for the modern day podcaster
by on Oct 25, 2011 at 5:48:50 pm

Hey my favorite cow peeps,

My name is Ross, and I just started this brand new position making weekly Soybean podcasts for the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture. Before I started the job, 10 weeks ago, I literally knew nothing about soybeans or anything agriculture related for that matter. So I can easily say that I have learned A LOT. But as a one man crew, both shooting and editing every week I am very busy and always on the go. Which leaves me most weeks, just tossing my old clips and unused footage into a few catch-all bins in Premier Pro and then moving on to the next podcast. (here is a link to one of the latest episodes http://youtu.be/91WxE_-zQF4)

But that old adage Proper Prior Planning Prevents Problems often comes to mind. I wonder if there are any fail safe methods for keeping media organized? So that say in 3 years when I am doing a podcast and I remember footage that I shot on that, I will be able to go back and easily find it.

I know you guys make a lot of podcasts, so I figure you'd be good peers to ask for tips on organization, and media archival strategies/management.

Thanks, Ross.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]