CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

editing posts...again

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Bergsteinediting posts...again
by on Sep 24, 2011 at 3:48:17 am

why can we not edit posts? in many of your competitors sites, we can easily do that...what's the problem? Or am I just missing something easy.

Alf

Return to posts index

Ronald LindeboomRe: editing posts...again
by on Sep 24, 2011 at 3:17:11 pm

We DO allow people to edit their posts -- for the first 30 minutes or until someone responds, then it locks.

You can't edit Facebook posts, Twitter tweets, or LinkedIn posts (after 10 minutes) and we think that 30 minutes is long enough for people to catch typos, etc.

We may change our policy in the future but as of today, we're going to stick to the 30 minute rule.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
A 2011 FOLIO: 40 honoree as one of the 40 most influential publishers in America
http://www.creativecow.net

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

Al BergsteinRe: editing posts...again
by on Sep 24, 2011 at 4:27:12 pm

Yes, I wasn't being clear, I do know that you allow editing within a window. Other boards do allow long term editing ability. Facebook and Twitter are limited to such a short message length, while being aggravating, is not that big a deal to retype. But I understand that it could have to do with system resources at your server farm, etc. Stuff that I'd be unaware of from this side of the screen.

Anyway, at this point, the quality of the boards are what keep me coming back.

thanks for the fast turnaround.

Alf

Return to posts index

by on Sep 24, 2011 at 4:39:28 pm

[Al Bergstein] "But I understand that it could have to do with system resources at your server farm, etc. Stuff that I'd be unaware of from this side of the screen."

No, it has nothing to do with system resources and it would be relatively easy and quick to change. The reason we do not want to, is that we have seen other boards allow changes and the original poster changes their original question or comment and then all the replies look completely out of sync.

That is why we give 30 minutes or until someone responds to the post and then it locks.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
A 2011 FOLIO: 40 honoree as one of the 40 most influential publishers in America

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

Al BergsteinRe: editing posts...again
by on Sep 26, 2011 at 5:01:51 am

I just replied to a post and i could not edit it, i was on for about 10 minutes. The 30 does not seem uniform Ron. I think there is a problem, if you think you are giving us 30 minutes.

Alf

Return to posts index

by on Sep 26, 2011 at 1:10:20 pm

Hello Al,

I have no idea what happened but it's uniform, 30 minutes across the board in all of our forums.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]