CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

New Web Site

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan AsselinNew Web Site
by on Sep 20, 2011 at 5:56:07 pm

I LOVE YOUR NEW MAIN PAGE. It simply works for me. I was really thrilled that when I went to the forum headings it gave me a dropdown list. Very handy. One question. When I logged in a couple of days ago the background for the main page was a darker grey than what I found today. I found it easier to look at and richer looking overall. Are you still making decisions like that? But don't take that as any negative at all. (See first sentence again)

Regards and thanks again for all the help over the years.

Dan

Return to posts index

Jason JenkinsRe: New Web Site
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 10:13:41 pm

I liked the first look better too. That being said, I really like the look of the Creative Cow Career Center. The whole site should look like that!

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Ronald LindeboomRe: New Web Site
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 10:42:45 pm

Hi Jason,

Before I reply, I wanted to thank you for your kind words on the Business & Marketing forum about our video serving. They were truly appreciated. Bessie said to tell you that she is going to award you her much coveted "Milk Mustache" award.

The Career Center is a temporary interface wrapper and is just there so we could take it into live public beta, which is really what you see there. It will be far more powerful and feature-rich when it's done.

We hired full time a 3-time Emmy® winning artist/designer, Sean Mullen, to work with us on getting the next iteration of Creative COW finished.

It will be about a six month project to go through all of the various channels and areas of the COW and build them out with their own unique interfaces. No more "one-size-fits-all" wrapper for the site.

I have been working for nearly three years now with Abraham to re-engineer every part of our server farm back-end architecture to allow us to do what we see for the COW for the days ahead. The end result will tie the COW and its many channels into both the web and mobile devices.

The web stuff will take about six months to finish. Much of it will be done by the end of the year but there are some very complex engineering we are doing -- to make things VERY simple and straightforward for users -- and so some areas will take into the new year ahead.

One of the areas we are getting ready to throw into open public beta is our new Creative COW StockYard. We looked at all of the various systems and how those who sell in them have to deal with some of the most inane and insanely convoluted and disjointed upload and management systems, and we've come up with the most powerful and simple to use interface we have seen anywhere.

After that, we will roll out the new reworked video services area (which is already fully designed and now needs to be coded into PHP) and we would be honored to have you in our private beta before we open it to the public, Jason. We think that people are going to be happy with what we have come up with.

In the end when all of the disparate channels that make up the Creative COW Network are live, it is going to be light years ahead of where we have been.

To be honest with you, Jason, we came up with the front page in a couple of days time because we had an advertising order that we couldn't fulfill anywhere else in our site. And while we like many things about it, it needs a bit of tightening up still to bring it to the level of many of the other areas we have been working on, at length.

The more I came up with ideas I wanted to implement and Abraham and I worked through those ideas -- along with the ones that Abraham originated as he got inspired by the whole process -- the more it became clear that we were falling farther and farther behind.

So we hired a full time designer and Creative Director to work on the face while we worked on the guts and systems. Sean Mullen is great to work with and when you see the new StockYard, Jason, as well as the new video services site, I think you are going to be a happy bovine.

Thank you for all your feedback, as always, Jason.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
A 2011 FOLIO: 40 honoree as one of the 40 most influential publishers in America
http://www.creativecow.net

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

Jason JenkinsRe: New Web Site
by on Sep 24, 2011 at 2:37:06 pm

[Ronald Lindeboom] "I wanted to thank you for your kind words on the Business & Marketing forum about our video serving. They were truly appreciated."

They weren't meant to be kind, just true! :)

[Ronald Lindeboom] "Bessie said to tell you that she is going to award you her much coveted "Milk Mustache" award."

I am honored and will wear it proudly.

[Ronald Lindeboom] "After that, we will roll out the new reworked video services area (which is already fully designed and now needs to be coded into PHP) and we would be honored to have you in our private beta before we open it to the public, Jason. We think that people are going to be happy with what we have come up with."

Looking forward to it! Just yesterday I was contacted by a local company looking for someone to edit 2-3 videos a month. Guess where they found me... not my website. Yep, the COW!

[Ronald Lindeboom] "So we hired a full time designer and Creative Director to work on the face while we worked on the guts and systems. Sean Mullen is great to work with and when you see the new StockYard, Jason, as well as the new video services site, I think you are going to be a happy bovine."

I'm already a happy bovine; anything else will just be clover on the cud!

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]