CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Possible solution for newbies

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David AndrewsPossible solution for newbies
by on Aug 25, 2011 at 12:23:48 pm

As always the Cow has so many great people here. Being a seasoned (over 50) artist..if there was a forum I guess called a forum for Newbies..then all those easy questions could go there and any of the artist who feel and compelled to give advice to them could do so without it crowding the professionals. All those questions like ..how do I get in the business?...type questions could be addressed in that forum and any of the experts could who feel compelled to guide young minds with the real world experience well they could check that forum and perhaps change a life...not to mention give them inspiration and in turn take all of your experience and help someone out. There are many hungry future artists with some remarkable talent much like you all had at one time.. it is a noble thing to do and it feels pretty good to help young people..I am sure they would remember and when they are seasoned professional will do the same.They are also future Cow contributors who just might help you out someday. And for those of you who helped my ... Thank you..

Return to posts index

Fred JodryRe: Possible solution for newbies
by on Aug 25, 2011 at 4:17:44 pm

Ghettoing the newbies is not a good idea. Sooner or later someone will come along and try to force them to stay in that hole.

Return to posts index

Ronald LindeboomRe: Possible solution for newbies
by on Aug 25, 2011 at 5:37:43 pm

We tried this kind of solution, David, and it doesn't work.

The one we have engineered which goes live in the site redesign that we've been working on, will be invisible to users, will make all the community one forum for each topic/software tool, and will lose the newbie moniker altogether.

It has taken us years to test ideas and come up with solutions to this issue, and we think that we have finally found the way that will work.

We've tried to solve this issue many different ways in the past -- even launching a completely new site to handle newer users -- and none of them worked because they quarantined and compartmentalized users. The way we have engineered for the future will not require anyone to wear the Red "N" and so the whole idea of newbies should become a non-issue in the COW in the days ahead.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]