CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

A Quick Video - Reels question

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James WillettA Quick Video - Reels question
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 7:08:47 pm

Hi Guys,

A few 'Videos-Reels' related questions if I may.

1 - If you select 'Make Private' when uploading your clip what exactly is this doing? I've tested this, copied the embed code into my webpage and all works great. I presume the 'Make Private' option just prevents it from showing up on 'The Cow' to the public.....? But if they had the direct link they could see it...? i.e: it doesn't password-protect the clip or anything...

2 - Is there a way to disable/remove the 'sharing' icon that is superimposed over the media when hovering over the clip?

Many thanks,

James

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: A Quick Video - Reels question
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 7:34:52 pm

Hello James,

Yes, the 'Make Private' makes it so the video is not automatically included in any other pages around the Creative COW site. It also adds a meta tag to the page so search engines will not index the page. This feature is meant for people to be able to upload a video and then distribute direct links how they see fit to point people to the video or embed the video on a page if they choose.

The sharing icon is part of the player interface. We'll be adding additional options to the video embed code soon.

Thank you for your feedback!

Abraham

Return to posts index

James WillettRe: A Quick Video - Reels question
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 7:47:58 pm

Brilliant Abraham - thanks for your super quick reply there. All now makes sense!

And from an uploading point of view I can encode as H.264 1280x720P, optimise it for streaming and 'The Cow' will just upload that without touching it - ie re-encoding it?

Many thanks,

James

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: A Quick Video - Reels question
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 8:03:13 pm

We do re-encode all videos now.

Previous attempts to trust the authors' content as being web ready had little success and left viewers confused when the videos wouldn't play. We now have the option to have the original untouched version available but it is not the default version that is played.

Our re-encoding system is virtually lossless for the default version but ensures the video is ready for the player. We also re-encode other sizes and platforms including iPhone, iPad, Android and other devices.

We currently accept nearly every format and codec up to 1920 pixels wide and 1Gig.

Abraham

Return to posts index

James WillettRe: A Quick Video - Reels question
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 10:51:50 pm

Thanks for the clarification Abraham....

All the best,

James

Return to posts index

Jason JenkinsRe: A Quick Video - Reels question
by on Aug 24, 2011 at 6:12:32 am

[Abraham Chaffin] "Yes, the 'Make Private' makes it so the video is not automatically included in any other pages around the Creative COW site. It also adds a meta tag to the page so search engines will not index the page."

This is perfect timing, because I was just wondering about private videos myself. Does this mean that the title and description fields for a private video will not show up in Google searches? I uploaded a private video today and when I came back to check it, it had 3 views! That made me a bit nervous, because it is a very old video and does not represent my current standard of quality. Who was viewing my "private" video?

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Ronald LindeboomRe: A Quick Video - Reels question
by on Aug 24, 2011 at 2:04:09 pm

[Jason Jenkins] " I uploaded a private video today and when I came back to check it, it had 3 views!"

That is because we have multiple moderators, Jason, and THEY watched it. ;o)

Googlebots are told NOT to catalog private videos. They do not show up in our site. They only show up wherever you put them and to whom you show them.

They are intended to be for your use, not for the COW's use or for Google's.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

by on Aug 24, 2011 at 2:26:34 pm

[Ronald Lindeboom] "Googlebots are told NOT to catalog private videos. They do not show up in our site. They only show up wherever you put them and to whom you show them.

They are intended to be for your use, not for the COW's use or for Google's."

That's perfect, Ron. Thanks for making great video streaming part of the COW!

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

by on Aug 24, 2011 at 2:45:53 pm

Wait until you see what is coming next, Jason. We've been up to a lot of new things and we are rolling them out one by one. The new Career Center/Job Board/Services Offered section has been a real hit and people are all over that thing. The Creative COW Stockyard is being beta tested now and will very soon be live. And then there's the...and the...

Many more surprises coming.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

by on Aug 25, 2011 at 9:12:24 pm

[Ronald Lindeboom] "The Creative COW Stockyard is being beta tested now and will very soon be live."

Stockyard as in... stock footage?

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

by on Aug 25, 2011 at 9:18:51 pm

Well, yes. ;o)

We'll offer our members the best percentages in the industry. It's something that we have been working on for over a year now and we will shortly be beta testing it.

We've been alpha testing it in-house and the live trial should be going public in the next couple of weeks.

I think people will like it. We have a bunch of upgrades to do to the design and layout of the pages but the mechanics are proving solid and so we've begun working on the design. It should be done in the next couple of weeks and then it joins our new Career Center/Jobs Section/Services Offered directory as the newest member of the Creative COW site.

We hope the members find it useful.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
A 2011 FOLIO: 40 honoree as one of the 40 most influential publishers in America
http://www.creativecow.net

- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]