CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

What's that smoky smell? Just the FCP-X forum.

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark SuszkoWhat's that smoky smell? Just the FCP-X forum.
by on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:01:22 pm

Don't go into the FCP-X forum today, seriously: it's Bartertown in there....

Seriously, it is so good that that FCP-x is in it's own forum and not in the regular FCP forums. This is going to take a lonnnng while to settle down.

Don't go in there without a helmet. It's not pretty.

Return to posts index

John DavidsonRe: What's that smoky smell? Just the FCP-X forum.
by on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:13:44 pm

Yep. I've been staying out since last night. They should put a sticky to the apple feedback page if people want their voices heard.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: What's that smoky smell? Just the FCP-X forum.
by on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:39:24 pm

I'm sure the chaos and confusion can't last too long but only time will tell.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: What's that smoky smell? Just the FCP-X forum.
by on Jun 25, 2011 at 11:30:42 am

All the google hits on that forum must be terrible :)

Seriously, it is interesting reading to an outsider who has always used Premiere Pro since before it was "Pro."

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Cupertino. Something tells me there have been a few meetings going on - or not if they have everything planned out and this first wave is simply designed to generate demand for FCP X 2.0.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: What's that smoky smell? Just the FCP-X forum.
by on Jun 25, 2011 at 2:11:54 pm

From the beginning, our purpose with the FCPX forum has been a place to quarantine noise. The original FCP forum is still the best place on the net to get peer support for a product that still works just fine.

Then we created the FCPX Techniques forum - a place for people to go who are ready to work.

In the meantime, FCPX isn't just noise - it's full contact noise. We might think about renaming that forum something like FCPX Talk....or yelling as the case may be....

Return to posts index

Bob ZelinRe: What's that smoky smell? Just the FCP-X forum.
by on Jun 25, 2011 at 6:36:35 pm

well, it's entertaining, that's for sure. And it is dangerous in there. Maybe I should post "I love FCP-X" in that forum, just to get a reaction.

bob zelin

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: What's that smoky smell? Just the FCP-X forum.
by on Jun 25, 2011 at 6:43:09 pm

Bob Zelin posting just to get a reaction? I can't imagine!

But if you read for a while, which I've been spending more time on than I should, the "yays" are gaining momentum. And while the FCPX Techniques forum is hardly wall-to-wall love, people are definitely finding that what they're looking for is in a different place.

Not minimizing the genuine anguish mind you, or the things that reall aren't there...or there yet...but I think that your replies there are spot on. It all changes. It has always sucked, and it doesn't suck any more this time than it will next time.

Return to posts index

Buddy CouchRe: What's that smoky smell? Just the FCP-X forum.
by on Jun 25, 2011 at 6:47:19 pm

I made a huge mistake in trying to define what I thought to be Apples vision with X in that forum. The day it came out mind you. I needed a kevlar body suit, not just a helmet. Whats so funny is, it wasn't even out long enough to read the help manual, much less cut anything of significance with it. Oh well as time passes it will get better I think.

Whats even more strange is most of the disdain comes from people who admittedly haven't purchased it. /boggle.

Return to posts index

TS O'GradyRe: What's that smoky smell? Just the FCP-X forum.
by on Jun 26, 2011 at 10:19:31 pm

[Buddy Couch] "Whats even more strange is most of the disdain comes from people who admittedly haven't purchased it."

Or taken the time to dig into it. What I'm finding increasingly annoying is the members who have moved onto other NLEs (or are just saying that) but stick around the forum to hijack posts and hawk other systems. Over time I'm sure some of them will get bored of saying the same things over and over again, or become satisfied that they have sold enough copies of Adobe Premiere, that they might move along and the Cow can merge the two forums together. But I can't help but think that at some point soon the Cow leaders will need to step in and do something about the members who are just there to aggravate and sell copies of other NLEs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]