CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

moderation?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Gerulaitismoderation?
by on May 12, 2011 at 3:55:53 am

Just changed my last name from Geroulaitis to Gerulaitis (can you tell the difference? :)) It's legal BTW, I have a letter from the court, seriously!

And all of a sudden, KABOOM, I am on moderation and experience a severe withdrawal anxiety while not being to participate in Cow discussions in real-time. It's painful. Is there a cure for this?

Thanks. :)

Alex (DV411)

Return to posts index

Ronald LindeboomRe: moderation?
by on May 12, 2011 at 12:08:27 pm

Hi Alex,

Every time a member changes their name or their email address it throws them back into moderation automatically. Why? (We know you are not one, Alex) but spammers have resorted to using real people to open an account, get it approved, then they try to switch the name to their spam engine name and change the email address to their auto-bot feed.

We used to not throw accounts back onto moderation when things were changed but then we started getting bots clogging the forums with hundreds of posts in an hour or two and we had to write admin utilities to clean up the mess. It was then that we instituted a policy of watching the changes made.

I will take your account off moderation, Alex. After all, you are not a spam engine...

...are you? ;o)

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

Alex GerulaitisRe: moderation?
by on May 12, 2011 at 8:29:17 pm

[Ronald Lindeboom] "I will take your account off moderation, Alex. After all, you are not a spam engine...

...are you? ;o)"

I've been known to make great apple pies... Spam? No!

(Thanks Ron!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]