CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Adobe vs Cinema 4d

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason KearnsAdobe vs Cinema 4d
by on Apr 21, 2011 at 4:39:47 pm

Have a general question, I am interested in expanding my knowledge in editing. I use FCP and was curious if I should get into Adobe or Cinema 4D for a professional level. I have Photoshop CS5/Lightroom 3 and the older version of After effects 4 that I intend to start learning this week. Beside the upgrade would it benefit me to break into adobe flash,illustrator and whatever you might suggest, or should I concentrate on Maxon Cinema 4D bundle? Money is not the issue and I have set aside months for training. Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated. By the way the Getting organized in FCP was a big help. Thanks. Jason.

Return to posts index

Ronald LindeboomRe: Adobe vs Cinema 4d
by on Apr 21, 2011 at 4:59:32 pm

If it were me, I'd opt for learning the Adobe suite of tools. Cinema 4D is an awesome tool but 3D is a tough nut to crack and learning 3D is far more complex and involved than learning the Adobe suite. There are also far more options that you open up for yourself if you know the Adobe tools.

That said, being really good at a 3D package like Cinema 4D or Lightwave really sets you ahead of the pack.

There's my two centavos and thank you for the kind words about the "Getting Organized in FCP" DVD title, it is appreciated.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

Will SalleyRe: Adobe vs Cinema 4d
by on May 29, 2011 at 4:08:50 am

Jason, Those application packages are really complementary and not really a "one or the other" choice.

Adobe Production suite has Photoshop and After Effects, among others. While After Effects is a compositing app and has a 3D capability, it is not a a true 3D application. Cinema 4D is a modeling / animation package that allows the user artist to create 3D objects and environments completely within the app; While After Effects is a very useful tool to composite all those objects and elements together.

Ultimately, You should learn and use both a compositing app and a 3D app. I happen to use both of those apps a lot, but there are, as Ron mentioned, others available. The two work together really well and both companies have done a good job of integration of the workflow.

That being said, I recommend the Adobe suite and then you can add the animation apps later.

Mac Pro 2x2.8 Quadcore - 10.6.3 - QT 7.6.3 - 22 GB RAM - nvidia8800GT - SATA internal & external storage - Blackmagic Multibridge Pro - Open GL 1.5.10 - Wacom Intous2 tablet - AJA io
SONY XDCAM EX3 - Letus Elite - FC7.0.2 - CS4 Prod Prem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]