CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

X marks the spot

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark SuszkoX marks the spot
by on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:27:20 pm

Can you add an Apple Final Cut Pro X forum yet? Even without a moderator on it, it would at least make a handy central place to discuss the new software separate from the current user forums, and I think that could be a good thing.

Return to posts index

Ronald LindeboomRe: X marks the spot
by on Apr 13, 2011 at 5:27:31 pm

One thing we learned long ago, Mark, is that FCP users are going to discuss what's happening with the people they know and talk to all the time. Trying to move it elsewhere just doesn't work.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

Rafael AmadorRe: X marks the spot
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 10:01:06 am

Dear Mark and Ron,
A thread about this has started on the FCP Forum.
For the next two month the FCP forum will be flood with tons of posts full of just speculation and questions that nobody can answer till the release day (probably nothing worth to be kept on the COW archives).
I think that, for the sake of the FCP forum, would be good to have a "Temporal pre-FCX-release forum'.
The day after the FCX release that forum should die and any FCX question should go to the FCP Forum.
Best,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

by on Apr 15, 2011 at 4:15:32 pm

[Rafael Amador] "For the next two month the FCP forum will be flood with tons of posts full of just speculation and questions that nobody can answer till the release day (probably nothing worth to be kept on the COW archives)."

We couldn't agree more, Rafael. Unfortunately, even though we have added an FCPX forum, it won't solve the problem as 80% to 90% of the people who want to discuss X will continue to post in the main FCP forum -- and the admin team will get to move the posts (as I just did for over an hour-and-a-half this morning).

I guess I'll have to get Abraham to add a Move to the X Forum function so that users can help keep the main forum functional.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: X marks the spot
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 4:43:07 pm

I have an idea ... maybe the COW's tech team can find a way to send an electric shock through a poster's mouse every time we try to post another speculative FCPX message in the regular FCP forum? Nothing too Frankensteinish ... just a harmless tiny jolt as a reminder? ;~)

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: X marks the spot
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 5:20:31 pm

We've thought about something like that. Maybe we can get a hardware manufacturer on board to help with implementing the hardware required for that. I was thinking of a big hand that reaches out and grabs the user to get their attention but I'm not sure that would work =o

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Apr 15, 2011 at 6:42:39 pm

I've heard the hand from the Adam's Family is looking for work.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 15, 2011 at 6:54:55 pm

[Dave Johnson] "I've heard the hand from the Addams Family is looking for work."

Please, Dave, I find it quite disrespectful that you do not refer to him by his proper name, "Thing," instead reducing him down to nothing more than a hand looking for a job -- ignoring the plight of a hand that is so "torsoly challenged."

You should be ashamed of yourself, Dave.

;o)

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

by on Apr 15, 2011 at 7:43:23 pm

I couldn't remember Mr. Thing's given name, but I now recognize the err of my ways and repent in shame.

Please direct any angry letters from the Equal Rights for the Torsoly Challenged group to my attorney ... The Finger. ;~)

Return to posts index

Rafael AmadorRe: X marks the spot
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 7:50:30 pm

Really fast reaction. Great, the FCX forum is working.

[Ronald Lindeboom] "Unfortunately, even though we have added an FCPX forum, it won't solve the problem as 80% to 90% of the people who want to discuss X will continue to post in the main FCP forum "
That's sure.
Why, in the FCP Forum, don't to add a "This post should be moved to the FCX Forum".
The one "This post should be moved to the Basic Forum" works really well.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

by on Apr 15, 2011 at 8:00:54 pm

[Dave Johnson] "I couldn't remember Mr. Thing's given name, but I now recognize the err of my ways and repent in shame. Please direct any angry letters from the Equal Rights for the Torsoly Challenged group to my attorney ... The Finger. ;~)"

Good thing I wasn't eating or drinking, Dave, or I'd have spit food or drink all over my machine. When I read this, I instantly busted up laughing and if I'd been eating or drinking it would have made quite a mess.

My only question in this, is aren't ALL lawyers named The Finger? It really is hard to tell most of them apart.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

by on Apr 15, 2011 at 8:45:05 pm

[Ronald Lindeboom] "aren't ALL lawyers named The Finger?"
I guess you have a point there, Ron ... mine is not just any old finger though. ;~)

[Ronald Lindeboom] "I instantly busted up laughing"
I must admit, I was quite proud of myself with that one ... made myself cry as I was writing it. ;~)

Return to posts index

by on Apr 16, 2011 at 12:55:25 am

[Dave Johnson] "I must admit, I was quite proud of myself with that one ... made myself cry as I was writing it. ;~)"

I have no doubt of this whatsoever as I told Kathlyn I almost laughed myself to tears it was so funny.

Incredible post, Dave.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

Fred JodryRe: X marks the spot
by on Apr 16, 2011 at 2:29:47 am

That, or have them all show their problems on video and audio and post them on the Reels topic. We need computer entertainment!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]