CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Search within a thread?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike CohenSearch within a thread?
by on Mar 29, 2011 at 3:28:32 am

Let's say I see a long thread - 20+ posts about some bug, crash or other problem. Sure I can read the whole thread. I suppose if you are in thread view you can just do a ctrl+F in your browser. But you know how in Google you can search within a site if you know the site. Imagine if you could click "search in thread" and do the same.

Likewise, let's say I am simply browsing a forum, not looking for a particular answer. But I find a long thread and I want to gist of it. What if you could hover over the subject in the forum topics view and get a javascript bubble that shows say the first few lines of text.

Here's an example.

Let's say the initial post in a thread is "Import Process Server error". You check out the first post, read the question, then start reading the thread. But sometimes others chime in to rant about the problem, before Tim Kolb chimes in at message 25 with an answer. In the forum all messages display, perhaps I could mouseover the initial topic, then look for the likely answer without clicking the thread or the various posts hoping to find something useful.

I know, I know, more clicks on the site are better for the site. Just thinking out loud - maybe not so logical.

Your thoughts?

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Search within a thread?
by on May 7, 2011 at 3:24:26 am

Good ideas Mike =)

The message preview in the forums should be working now.

Have a nice weekend.

Abraham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]