CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Cannot open video tutorial.

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arthur PitherCannot open video tutorial.
by on Mar 22, 2011 at 7:25:35 pm

Since reloading Windows 7 on my pc I am unable to view any video tutorials from this site. I have Quicktime player, Adobe Media player, Javascript. Is there anything that I am missing? No problem with psdtuts.

May thanks

Arthur

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Cannot open video tutorial.
by on Mar 22, 2011 at 7:57:31 pm

Hello Arthur,

What browser are you using? What do you see or experience when trying to play the videos? Can you provide a screenshot?

Abraham

Return to posts index

Arthur PitherRe: Cannot open video tutorial.
by on Mar 22, 2011 at 8:46:33 pm

Dear Abraham,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I use Explorer 8. When I go into the tutorial sites and click on a tutorial, at the bottom of the view to play, all I get is a white screen and no movement. This is the first time this has happened. I feel that I have not loaded something since I have never had trouble before.

Arthur

Return to posts index

by on Mar 22, 2011 at 8:48:45 pm

Hello Arthur,

Double check to make sure you have the Flash Player installed:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Since it is a new OS you may not have it installed and IE doesn't have a HTML5 fallback yet.

Once it is fully installed, restart IE and try again.

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Mar 22, 2011 at 9:04:07 pm

Dear Abraham,
Well I downloaded Flash Player again. Rebooted the system and tried a tutorial to no avail. Sorry it takes me so long to come back but in Spain I can only get 2mb download.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 22, 2011 at 9:19:09 pm

Hello Arthur,

We'll run a few tests using IE on Windows 7 to see if we can isolate anything on our end. You might try using Firefox or a different browser for the time being.

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Mar 22, 2011 at 9:37:33 pm

Dear Abraham,
Thanks for your help, I will download Firefox, I have never used it but there is always a first time. I was about to reload Windows 7 but as you are willing to try different things to help me I will wait to see what you come up with.

My knowledge of the computer is very limited, although we had computers when I was in business they were only glorified word processors that we set adverts for the Newspapers and magazines on. I retired in 1993 and have been using a pc for the past 3 years, so you can see I have not much experience. Please be patient.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 22, 2011 at 10:07:28 pm

Dear Abraham,
I have now downloaded Firefox to no avail, though I did get a little bit closer. I tried a Richard Harrington video and it came up with my browser is not supported. I block saved the http// and got it to play ok but I cannot at the moment go direct to a video.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 23, 2011 at 8:34:23 am

Dear Abraham,
I have finally solved the problem with no video. I don't know if I went the right way about it but the result is what I wanted. I reloaded Windows 7, I realise that I will have to reload my programmes again, but I do not have many.

Thanks for you help, time and patience

Arthur

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]