CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Thread response emails have trickled off

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy GarchowThread response emails have trickled off
by on Mar 10, 2011 at 3:42:29 pm

and seem to have a mind of their own. I get some, some I don't. Checked my spam folder and all. They simply have not showed up.

Any idears?

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Thread response emails have trickled off
by on Mar 10, 2011 at 3:50:21 pm

Hello Jeremy,

There hasn't been any changes to the email notification system lately but we'll take a look at the rest of the mail system to see if we can spot something.

Thanks for letting us know.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Rafael AmadorRe: Thread response emails have trickled off
by on Mar 12, 2011 at 5:41:13 am

Hi Abraham,
Here lately I had experienced the same experience.
I saw that some posts of mine didn't shown on my mail,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

by on Mar 23, 2011 at 5:56:06 pm

Hi Abraham,
Still happening here.
Cheers,
rafael

Return to posts index

Jeremy GarchowRe: Thread response emails have trickled off
by on Mar 23, 2011 at 6:00:51 pm

Ha! That's funny. I didn't get Rafael's first response, but I got his second one via email.

I can also link to other responses that I haven't received, if that helps.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

by on Mar 23, 2011 at 6:19:14 pm

Email is a constant battle with ISP's. Due to the issue being the way various email service providers are handling email from us, it's more an issue of being able to convince mail providers not to send email into a black hole during our peak email traffic times.

We'll keep working on the issue and appreciate you guys letting us know what you are experiencing. Letting the Email service provider what is happening as well will help. Check spam folders and hit not spam if COW mail appears there. Add bessie, forums and other cow email addresses to your contacts.

Thanks again,

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Mar 24, 2011 at 11:22:42 am

Hi Jeremy & Abraham,
Curiously to me its happens only with "FC Basic Forum" posts.
Of course Is not any issue; was just to point that somewhere there is a gremlin at work.
I don't think is any "Spam" related problem. I receive the COW posts on a "Hotmail' account without any kind of Spam preferences.
rafael

Return to posts index

by on Mar 24, 2011 at 1:52:38 pm

Mine happens across multiple forums. I don't use hotmail, but another free email service. It is definitely not spammed and addresses are already added. I'll see if I can contact them, and get a response.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

by on Mar 24, 2011 at 2:11:35 pm

There was a change made on our end now which will hopefully help. Let us know if you notice any difference in the days ahead.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Ronald LindeboomRe: Thread response emails have trickled off
by on Mar 24, 2011 at 2:18:41 pm

Thank you, Jeremy. The best things users and leaders can do is contact their service providers and ask them why they are blocking Creative COW mail.

They automatically assume that we are spammers because with 1.7 million users a month now, there is a lot of email that goes out from a site like this. Because they've never heard of it, they automatically assume it's spam.

We have grown to where we are so big -- for a small company -- that we are in "no man's land." We are big enough that we are being seen as a huge email source but not big enough to where they have come to realize that we are legitimate.

Most mail gets through but there are days when some email gets delayed delivery -- and in a very few cases, gets filtered to the bit bucket.

Assuring your service provider that you want mail from Creative COW and that it isn't spam -- along with whitelisting us in your address book, etc. -- is something we hope that you and other members will do to help get us through this period of no man's land.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

by on Mar 24, 2011 at 3:49:57 pm

Will do.

On a totally unrelated and separate note, I had a (couple of) scrumptious beers from Paso Robles last night from a brewery I had never tried. (not sure if you drink, and if you don't sorry but tell your drinking friends).

If you do drink, I'm sure you've experienced it as it probably flows like Miller in Wisconsin. I am probably telling you what you already know. I thought it was worth a mention, at least.

http://www.firestonebeer.com/home.php

Return to posts index

by on Mar 24, 2011 at 4:56:04 pm

I didn't even get my own response on this one.

My email provider is asking for a copy of the email I didn't receive with full headers save a .txt.

I suppose that's not possible, is it?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

by on Mar 24, 2011 at 5:45:40 pm

It should be possible but I've watched the logs during our peak email periods and seen emails being sent with a confirmation from the email service provider's server that they were sent successfully but then the email disappears into the ether. This means there's no bounce and everything looks like it was sent successfully on our end. Unfortunately we don't keep all emails after they appear to be successfully sent. We do receive bounce notices and have server logs that we store and monitor but I'm not seeing any bounces from your email address or Rafael's.

We'll keep working on it and hopefully the gremlin will show its little head.

Abraham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]