CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Are Cows Creative?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max JacksonAre Cows Creative?
by on Jan 21, 2011 at 8:49:07 am

Just curious...Not, like in a scientific anatomical sense or something that involves a lot of expensive rental equipment.

More curious where the name came from and why the cow became the emblem or mascot of the creative community.

Is it a sacred cow? If so, let's just hope it's grass-fed. That's all I'm sayin'.

At least for now...I am learnding.

Thanks all the same.

Return to posts index

David EaksRe: Are Cows Creative?
by on Jan 21, 2011 at 9:04:28 am

Hi Max,

"COW" is an acronym for "Communities of the World".

Creative Communities of the World, just like it reads under CreativeCOW.net at the top left of this page.

Return to posts index

Max JacksonRe: Are Cows Creative?
by on Jan 21, 2011 at 9:17:14 am

Ohhhhhh...Nice!

That's awesome, thanks David!

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Post removed.

Charles SmithRe: Are Cows Creative?
by on Jan 21, 2011 at 8:27:06 pm

My response: MOOOOooooOOO!! :)

All kidding aside... I don't consider myself to be all that creative, especially compared with others I know. However I
am persistent and practical if that makes sense. My creative
comes from delivering a good product within very limited resources
at times. Does this make sense?

Chas

Return to posts index

by on Jan 21, 2011 at 9:07:27 pm

That definitely makes sense. I specialize in Flash banner media. Creative solutions aren't always about wowing the client, but pushing the squid through the keyhole...

...on deadline! :D

Return to posts index

Rafael AmadorRe: Are Cows Creative?
by on Jan 25, 2011 at 2:40:21 pm

Creativity is not just about ART.
There is lot of room for creativity in most fields of our business.
Look at so many low budget productions or Third World TV stations that goes to the air every day: Creativity and imagination is what keep them going on.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Ronald LindeboomRe: Are Cows Creative?
by on Jan 30, 2011 at 2:00:19 am

[Max Jackson] "Just curious...where the name came from and why the cow became the emblem or mascot of the creative community. Is it a sacred cow? If so, let's just hope it's grass-fed."

Yes, Max, Bessie is 100% grass fed. No corn syrup or corn feed for her. "Makes a girl's hind quarters much too big," says Bessie, ruminating on the idea of switching from grass to corn feeds.

But to answer your subject line, are cows creative? Amazingly so. Want proof?

Cows eat pretty much nothing but water and mostly grass -- one of the least nutritious foods on the planet -- and yet they produce milk, butter, cheese, yogurt, and a bunch of other super protein-rich foods. Now *that's* creativity.

"And we're good at it too," says a smiling Bessie. "But we recommend chicken and fish for those who prefer their protein in (shall we say?) a more fleshy container. Yeah, chicken and fish -- maybe pork, the Other White Meat® All are highly recommended."

So, there you have at least some of the story in a nutshell.

Want the truth about the name? We had it before we figured out that it could be used as an acronym for "Communities of the World." Truth. I grew up on a dairy and loved being raised with cows. I still miss the dairy and the wonderful life growing up with dairy animals. When I met Kathlyn (who originally founded Creative COW and ran it for the first few years until it began growing too big for her to want to deal with it anymore), she had a house full of cow collectibles. Pillows, ceramics, knick-knacks, cookie jars, salt and pepper shakers, etc., and I knew right there she was the girl for me. ;o)

So, when we lost a previous company we had started and needed to come up with a name, we landed on Creative COW. The idea of communities of the world came a week or two later, after we had already started building the site.

"I don't need any props to stand me up," says a four-legged Bessie.

And you know, she's right. But hey, every company has to have a schtick or any angle, don't they? So we pretend that the name has something to do with Communities of the World. But Max, you know the truth. Don't tell anybody, okay?

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

by on Jan 31, 2011 at 8:02:03 pm

Hi Ronald,

Thanks a bunch for the in-depth response.

I had no idea that one of my little trivial yet poignant questions could be so revealing. Your response to my humble questions of origin regarding cows and creativity is very inspiring.

I have a proclivity to be quite "wordy" in blog response so I'll try to curb my enthusiasm. I will say that such a reveal to such an ordinary question really makes me re-think my approach to media application and creative solutions.

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to answer my question. I really wasn't being disingenuous. Being honest and asking naive questions is sometimes a good thing.

Take care (oh, and your secret is safe :D)
-m

Return to posts index

David EaksRe: Are Cows Creative?
by on Feb 11, 2011 at 10:32:00 pm

Hey Ronald, that was a fun and interesting read. Now we know the truth behind the COW. Thanks for posting!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]