CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

How to make Creative Cow better in 2011

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob ZelinHow to make Creative Cow better in 2011
by on Dec 31, 2010 at 5:33:27 pm

Happy New Year !

there is an easy answer to my question, I just don't now how to draw people to it - MORE FORUMS, more specialized forums. It's easy for me to say "there should be a Cache-A forum, a Quantum forum, a Promise forum", etc. etc., but I look at great forums like EditShare and Rorke Data, that rarely get used - and I don't know why. I don't know why some forums draw little traffic, yet are very important popular products. But MORE FORUMS that specialize in different products in our industry would be my overall #1 hope for the future of Creative Cow, and their growth.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Bob ZelinRe: How to make Creative Cow better in 2011
by on Jan 4, 2011 at 2:53:46 am

there is a GREAT post today from a user in Africa on his new transmistter problems. I haven't a clue how to answer it, so how do you draw BROADCASTERS that deal with transmitters to Creative Cow ?
I bet these guys don't even know that Creative Cow exists !

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: How to make Creative Cow better in 2011
by on Jan 4, 2011 at 3:21:49 am

They DO know that the COW exists, Bob. I can name you hundreds of hard-core, mainline broadcasters from the biggest networks, dozens of them engineers, that are regulars in the COW. Start by looking through the COW's LinkedIn group. Your jaw will drop.

Those folks just tend not to come here to answer questions about transmitters. They come here to ASK questions about converting from tape to files, from SDI to fiber, about Blackmagic and AJA and Final Cut Pro, about digital encoding, about shared storage, and on and on. Change is happening even faster in broadcasting than it did in post, because the past 15 years in post are exploding into broadcast all at once, at the same time that companies like Grass Valley and Chyron have caught up and in some ways very much leapt past the most advanced post solutions.

That said, we'd love for someone to help our African member...but any lack of immediate reply has nothing to do with a lack of broadcasters in the COW. Quite the contrary. Our explosive growth over the past couple of years is very much because of them. Very true of digital cinema as well, and for many of the same reasons....but broadcasters have been driving it in a big, big way.

Dude, you should know better.

:-)

Yr pal,
Timmy

PS. We definitely have a few things up our sleeves for forums in 2011. Keep the feedback coming.

Tim Wilson
Associate Publisher, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine

My Blog: "Is this thing on? Oh it's on!"

Don't forget to rate your favorite posts!

Return to posts index

Ronald LindeboomRe: How to make Creative Cow better in 2011
by on Jan 4, 2011 at 4:01:59 pm

[Bob Zelin] " I haven't a clue how to answer it, so how do you draw BROADCASTERS that deal with transmitters to Creative Cow ? I bet these guys don't even know that Creative Cow exists !"

Eu contraire, mon ami.

At some trade shows we have attended, we have had a number of senior engineers, head of engineering -- even the vice president of engineering from two major US-based networks -- stop by the booth to chat and tell us how much they like the COW.

Unfortunately, they are not big on posting. So we are working on ways to get them to be more active in the COW.

Thank you for your feedback, Bob.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

Rafael AmadorRe: How to make Creative Cow better in 2011
by on Jan 6, 2011 at 9:29:41 am

Dear friends,
I don't think that those people only come to the COW for help and they don't want to help others.
On of the reasons why I can spare some time on the COW, is because I spend time RENDERING, so while my Mac renders I can post (this helps me too to don't get "desperate on rendering"). Also I work on a quite environment were i can concentrate on writing.
I guess if I would be working on other areas, or in a noisy place, probably I wouldn't have the time and peace of mind to do the same.
I guess most people visit the COW while they are at work.
Best,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]