CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Twitter connection; is it working?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Micah McDowellTwitter connection; is it working?
by on Nov 23, 2010 at 5:12:35 pm

I'd been using the Twitter connection on the account settings "extras" tab to cross-post my Creative COW posts to Twitter. Used to work like a charm. However, I just noticed that it no longer works and hasn't been posting for some time (perhaps a month or so).

Twitter still shows that Creative COW is allowed read/write access to my Twitter account. And the COW shows that I'm connected as well. Is this a Twitter issue or a COW issue?

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Twitter connection; is it working?
by on Nov 23, 2010 at 5:18:50 pm

Hello Micah,

This is a COW change in functionality. We are transitioning to a more manual twitter connection system that will allow you to choose which posts to tweet rather than just tweeting them all. Some users found the way that it use to work was unexpected as it would automatically tweet ALL posts without any notice when the box was checked. You can see the first implementation of where we are going at http://my.creativecow.net/ when you click on the "Post a Message" box.

Happy Holidays.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Twitter connection; is it working?
by on Nov 23, 2010 at 7:39:47 pm

Hello Micah,

Due to your request, we've pushed ahead and implemented the new Twitter and Facebook connection controls into the forums.

The Twitter and Facebook checkboxes will appear when a user is logged in, active and unmoderated. We'll be discussing whether to implement this functionality to moderated users or not. Similar to the old system it will post the subject and a link on the corresponding social networking site but the link will now be a shortened url.

Appreciate your feedback.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Micah McDowellRe: Twitter connection; is it working?
by on Nov 23, 2010 at 7:53:10 pm

Ohh, cool... I see the checkboxes now.

I'll try it out on this post and see how it works... thanks for the quick response!

Return to posts index

Micah McDowellRe: Twitter connection; is it working?
by on Nov 23, 2010 at 7:54:11 pm

And boom, it works great. Very cool, and I do like the ability to turn it on/off at will. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Twitter connection; is it working?
by on Nov 24, 2010 at 12:50:32 am

Okay, now that you guys have that figured out, can you please tell the rest of us precisely what Twitter and Facebook functionality with the Cow actually means/does for us. I know I don't have a clue about it...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Stefani RiceRe: Twitter connection; is it working?
by on Nov 30, 2010 at 8:53:55 pm

I love to refer to Richard Harrington's informative article on Social Media. Not only does he give us cues and clues as to what social media is, but how social networking can be used to advance our own visibility in the creative communities. http://magazine.creativecow.net/article/social-media-is-it-real

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]