CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Reels, looking OK?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rafael AmadorReels, looking OK?
by on Oct 21, 2010 at 7:02:02 pm

Hi dear friends,
I've uploaded a clip to the "video-reels" few days ago, but I have the impression that the original clip is not being played when "original" selected.
Is an H264 with quite high data rate and when played few days ago it really looked gorgeous.
Best,
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Reels, looking OK?
by on Oct 21, 2010 at 7:36:59 pm

Hello Rafael,

You're right. This has been fixed now. Hopefully most the bugs are worked out of the new video player conversion now. Appreciate you catching this.

The original will now be played when you click the original button, with the exception of originals that are flv files when being played on a platform that doesn't use flash. Of course yours isn't a flv but I add this note for other users who may run into a similar issue in the future.

A few additional feature of interest are:
1) When you click on different size variations the embed code changes so you can embed at different resolutions.
2) You can also change the width and height of the iframe in the embed code and the player will scale automatically.
3) The new embed auto-detects devices that don't support flash and gives them the proper HTML5 play code.
4) The player auto detects mobile devices and gives them playback for their device.
5) The default player auto-detects a users bandwidth and tries to give a video with a proper bit-rate for better user play experience.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Reels, looking OK?
by on Oct 21, 2010 at 7:46:58 pm

perhaps this explains why a video I uploaded was cut off at the end - I deleted it but will try uploading again.

Always exciting to see improvements!

Mike Cohen

Medical Education / Multimedia Producer

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Reels, looking OK?
by on Oct 21, 2010 at 7:48:17 pm

By cut off - do you mean the upload was cut off or the video was shortened?

Abraham

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Reels, looking OK?
by on Oct 22, 2010 at 9:38:13 pm

the last 1/2 second was cut off - I re-uploaded from an AVI and it is OK
Thanks

Mike

Return to posts index

Rafael AmadorRe: Reels, looking OK?
by on Oct 23, 2010 at 3:09:30 pm

Thanks Abraham, now works great.
rafael