CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

E-mail when some one responds

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen SmithE-mail when some one responds
by on Oct 1, 2010 at 6:20:03 pm

When you used to get an e-mail from someone responding and it had an image or embedded link you would get the info in the e-mail so you new it was in the response. The response e-mails have been changed to no longer include the HTML. I've included an embedded link in a response and the "responder" did not know it because it did not show up in their e-mail. It made things confusing. Any way you can keep the HTML or the link in a response e-mail? Let me know if I'm not making any sense.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Stephen SmithRe: E-mail when some one responds
by on Oct 4, 2010 at 2:33:06 pm

Alright, so I saw the links in the spam response. But I also go a response in the Film History & Appreciation forum from Tim with links to a Youtube video and some embedded stills. Nothing in the response e-mail indicated that was there. Is this because I'm a forum leader in that forum and the response is set up different? I can forward you the e-mails if that helps. Thanks.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: E-mail when some one responds
by on Oct 4, 2010 at 2:52:08 pm

The emails that are sent notifying when people respond are text only emails so there is no HTML code in them. The email notices are meant to let you know that a post has been made but to see the post properly formatted as the author intended you should always go to the forum itself and view it there.

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Oct 4, 2010 at 4:44:07 pm

Okay, so I should do stuff like. As shown in the photo below:

That way they will know to go to the site to see the photo.

Thanks for your help.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: E-mail when some one responds
by on Oct 4, 2010 at 5:03:32 pm

That could work.

I've considered having a note on the emails that says this is a preview of the post, to view this post please go to the forum or something like that. When we tried throwing in all the HTML code people were confused as it doesn't render the HTML code and most people can't read HTML code. Now with the HTML code removed there's still confusion.

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Oct 4, 2010 at 5:17:13 pm

I'm not complaining, it is just an observation. I imagine if most people are lazy like me they won't read the note. I can see how the HTML code was confusing. I think now that they will not see it. Authoring a response so they know it is there will get most people to click on the included link to take them to the post. Now that I understand how things work I can write my responses better. Thanks for your help Abraham.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]