CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

New Features Ideas

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike CohenNew Features Ideas
by on Sep 3, 2010 at 1:07:49 am

How about a "favorites" feature. You can click a button on any post, demo reel, article, even ads, to go into your personal fave list, accessible from your profile page.

"Share this" button - lets you send an email to a friend with either a link or the full text of a post, without having to manually compose an email.

On the COW home page, you have a Hot Threads box. I don't know how these threads are selected - is it by traffic or manually or otherwise?
If not by traffic, it might be interesting to be able to look at a Hot Threads or Trending Now display of threads actually getting the most traffic on the site. Maybe this is more of an analytics feature that Abraham looks at before bedtime, but it would be interesting to see.

Along the same lines - the demo reels section has demonstrated the true worldwide-ness of the site. Along the lines of Google Analytics visitors info, it might be neat to see stats (either real time or periodic) of use by country, state, planet etc. Possibly too server intensive to provide such a fringe feature for a small audience, but might be used to promote the worldwide use aspect of the site.

I think I asked about this once - how about the ability to post blog entries via a text message or email. For instance, my flickr account gives me a custom email address - I email a picture to that address and it posts to my flickr page. Sitting in airports and hospitals I often have ideas for blogs, but my blackberry is all I have to type with. I suppose I could just get an iPhone and not worry about it!

Ok, gotta go deal with a burned crust on my seafood pie. Hey, do we have a food forum? Cows need to eat!

Mike Cohen

Medical Education / Multimedia Producer

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: New Features Ideas
by on Sep 18, 2010 at 2:44:45 am

Hello Mike,

Love all the ideas here. I've been wanting to find time to go through this and reply.

[Mike Cohen] "How about a "favorites" feature. You can click a button on any post, demo reel, article, even ads, to go into your personal fave list, accessible from your profile page."

This is a nice idea. There's been some suggestions about a "save this" button which is similar and is on the to do list.

[Mike Cohen] ""Share this" button - lets you send an email to a friend with either a link or the full text of a post, without having to manually compose an email."

I could see this feature becoming available to unmoderated users.

[Mike Cohen] "On the COW home page, you have a Hot Threads box. I don't know how these threads are selected - is it by traffic or manually or otherwise?"

It's by recency along with number of replies.

[Mike Cohen] "If not by traffic, it might be interesting to be able to look at a Hot Threads or Trending Now display of threads actually getting the most traffic on the site. "

I agree. I've thought about doing something like this for awhile. I'm kind of waiting for the spark of thought to show me the best way to pull it off.

[Mike Cohen] "Along the lines of Google Analytics visitors info, it might be neat to see stats (either real time or periodic) of use by country, state, planet etc. Possibly too server intensive to provide such a fringe feature for a small audience, but might be used to promote the worldwide use aspect of the site."

There are a few metrics which we use privately one of which is Google Analytics. I'm not sure if this data will become public on the site.

[Mike Cohen] " how about the ability to post blog entries via a text message or email. "

Good idea.

There's a lot of new features we're working on. One that will launching in the next few days is a new Facebook and Twitter connection in the Extra tab of your Account Settings. This connection will allow you to post to Facebook and Twitter seamlessly as you post to the COW by using checkboxs that will appear when you post.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: New Features Ideas
by on Sep 20, 2010 at 5:19:11 pm

[Abraham Chaffin] "this connection will allow you to post to Facebook and Twitter seamlessly as you post to the COW"

That's great - now my Aunt Mildred will be able to follow my posts on the Adobe Encore forum.

Just kidding - Mildred dabbles is DVD authoring between her book club and knitting.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]