CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Broadcast Video Forum to Broadcasting Forum

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad BrewerBroadcast Video Forum to Broadcasting Forum
by on Aug 25, 2010 at 12:13:51 am

Broadcasting as a generic term these days seems to encompass everything from YouTube to Powerpoint presentations to off-air reporters posting resumes to hey, listen to my podcast. I hope that this forum will retain its fidelity to professional broadcast video content which it has for a long time and not fall victim of something that it is not due to a more generic name. What was wrong with broadcast video as a forum description or is my browser playing tricks on me?
Are you telling me to get out of broadcast video now before it's too late?

Chad Brewer
Senior Tape Operator/Engineer
TeleVersions

Return to posts index

Ronald LindeboomRe: Broadcast Video Forum to Broadcasting Forum
by on Aug 25, 2010 at 12:17:41 am

No, to be honest, we have an ever-growing contingent of professional broadcast engineers who tell us that the old name made it foreign to them. In the interest of trying to get more involvement from the large body of professional broadcast engineers, IT people, and many others who work within the confines of networks, cable services, etc., we wanted a name that did not put them off. Many told us that they scratched their heads wondering what the old term meant.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

Fred JodryBroadcast Video Forum to Broadcasting Forum, more like Broadcast Video Forum versus Broadcast Forum.
by on Aug 30, 2010 at 7:02:02 pm

One should remember that one of the reasons for the Creative Cow Net to be, is that people should ask the group questions and others should try to answer. If people are scratching their heads then this is a good thing. It means that they`re still thinking. It`s my same idea as logic in particular. He who thinks he has the logical answer has already stopped thinking and in fact may be suffering from not even wondering the needed question too. He is usually dead although possibly right. Don`t let a lack of the second word come to be, in order to stiftle the first word too. There are way too many people everywhere and in the Cow forums too who forget how fragile broadcasting really is. In order to glance off of giant paragraphs and biggest subjects of debate in Television Broadcasting video (...and audio) I`ll merely state how I see people not figure out that one of the common reasons they`re not getting good local news, commercials, and programming, is often because they`re aiming their receiver sattelite dishes at a sattelite that`s dedicated to programming from another area of the world not theirs. Now let`s look at the seemingly simpler area of Radio Broadcasting. I often get to say that some of my own Radio Listenners as well as Listenners of other shows on my station, (as well as on other stations), sometimes power their Radio receivers, often the only users of electricity in the house, on the oldest or only types of batteries or cells found in the houses, the doorbell cells, which are occasionally fully 160 years old. I can get the taste, of Sal Ammoniac, when I hear schemes of new broadcasting formats that I know the public won`t go for. Keep the Engineers and Technicians engineering and operating too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]