CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Solution VS Kudos

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex VolkovSolution VS Kudos
by on Aug 6, 2010 at 12:31:41 pm

Hi

I love the forums so far. When someone posted a solution to my problems, I have 2 choises: Solution or Kudos. The first one is obvious, but what does the second one do? And do they "stack"? Or is it only possible to activate one at a time?

Please explain

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Solution VS Kudos
by on Aug 6, 2010 at 3:33:23 pm

Solution is to be used when the post answers the question of the poster.
Kudos is when the poster makes a great post and someone wants to give them kudos for it.

They're for recognition of exceptional posts. They don't stack.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Alex VolkovRe: Solution VS Kudos
by on Aug 6, 2010 at 4:29:47 pm

I really don't see the difference. Either way it's the same thing for me - if someone fixed my problem, by answering my question, I appreciate the post, respect the poster and want everyone to know that that poster does the excellent job. So I guess I just use one of the two. Solution for a good answer, and Kudos for a great answer :)

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Solution VS Kudos
by on Aug 6, 2010 at 4:40:24 pm

A "solution" is a tag for a technical answer that solves your problem.

A "kudo" is for posts that are more general in tone and larger in focus -- such as the discussions that take place in our business forum -- which are not technical questions but are great thoughts to consider when doing business, etc.

There are many discussions in the COW that are outside the focus of technical problems and "solution" does not work for these kinds of posts because they are not solving a problem but they are great posts with powerful ideas -- hence, the "kudo" button.

I hope that explains the difference.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
CEO, CreativeCOW.net

Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.

Graveyards are full of people the world couldn't do without.

Return to posts index

Alex VolkovRe: Solution VS Kudos
by on Aug 6, 2010 at 5:33:46 pm

It does, thanks :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]