CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

A question for Cowdog

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Roth WeissA question for Cowdog
by on Jun 28, 2010 at 3:27:59 pm

A couple of interface issues may need a bit of tweaking oh great ones in Paso...

1) When using Firefox for Mac, the insert still and video icons aren't where they belong in the standard interface. Here's a screen grab:

2) In this forum, and so far only in this forum as I've been able to determine, when hitting the ADD A NEW POST link at the top of the forum, instead of a blank spce waiting for a new message, an old message and subject header come up every time. BTW that's happening with Safari, not Firefox.

I thank you in advance for checking into these matters oh great ones...

David

BTW, the title of this post was inserted automatically by the problem I mentioned in #2 -- it's the title of the last thread I started here a while back.

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: A question for Cowdog
by on Jun 28, 2010 at 6:36:33 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "1) When using Firefox for Mac, the insert still and video icons aren't where they belong in the standard interface. "

The insert still and video icons will only show up when a user is logged in. If you are not logged in these icons will not show up.

[David Roth Weiss] "2) In this forum, and so far only in this forum as I've been able to determine, when hitting the ADD A NEW POST link at the top of the forum, instead of a blank spce waiting for a new message, an old message and subject header come up every time. BTW that's happening with Safari, not Firefox. "

When you are logged in and have a previously saved post that has not been posted it will pre-populate the form that where you issued the save. This will only happen when you are logged in. I would assume that you were not logged in to all the browsers you checked.

The interface does react differently to users who are logged in vs those who are not. I believe this to be the main cause of the differences you are noticing.

The interface also reacts differently to different levels of authentication, moderation and posting history.

Abraham

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: A question for Cowdog
by on Jun 28, 2010 at 7:39:16 pm

[Abraham Chaffin] "I would assume that you were not logged in to all the browsers you checked."

That is probably true, I really don't use Firefox and was only testing it because Wayne Marx, one of the dudes on the FCP Forum, said he was unable to post stills using Firefox. I still have no idea why he was unable to do it, as presumably he is logged in.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: A question for Cowdog
by on Jun 28, 2010 at 7:57:43 pm

Hmm... Yea, I'm not sure either. I don't know of any bug where users are unable to post just because they are using Firefox...

We're always here to take comments and concerns. Let him know about the Contact page where I and others in the COW team can be reached if he continues having issues.

Abraham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]