CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Cow Mobi

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy GarchowCow Mobi
by on Jun 10, 2010 at 7:27:15 pm

Keep up the good work on Cow Mobi.

A few suggestions that keep me from using it all the time on a mobile device:

-There's no 'edit post'. It seems the interface has a changed a bit over the last day or so, but still no edit button.

-Thanks for making the Classic button easier to hit on an iPhone. But! If the above edit post isn't available or not doable, is it possible that when I click the Classic button, it takes me to the corresponding classic page that is currently on my mobile page? That would allow me to go to the edit post without having to hit classic, find the forum, then find the thread as I currently do now.

Thanks and keep it rockin.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Cow Mobi
by on Jun 10, 2010 at 7:31:27 pm

We have been doing a bit of work on the mobi interface. Hopefully it's looking a little better. Plan on adding in the videos section for the iPhone in the next day or so.

Appreciate the feedback - I'll see about putting that in for you.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Jeremy GarchowRe: Cow Mobi
by on Jun 10, 2010 at 7:32:38 pm

[Abraham Chaffin] "Hopefully it's looking a little better."

Yes, it is. It's looking good.

[Abraham Chaffin] "Appreciate the feedback - I'll see about putting that in for you. "

Thanks so much. Also, nice work on the comments sections! ;)

Jeremy

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2010 at 1:47:13 am

Man dude. You are killing it! Thanks for the updates.

One thing I noticed is when clicking the 'respond to this post' link from the forum response email, it goes to the top of the thread and I have to scroll all the way down to the actual response. There seems to be some sort of translation missing between the regular link and the resulting mobi link.

Thanks again, Abraham. This truly helps!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2010 at 3:09:39 pm

Hello Jeremy,

Appreciate the feedback.
I believe the proper redirects are in place now to take you from the readpost link to the proper post in the mobi forums thread now. It seems to work on my phone.

Have a great day!

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2010 at 3:17:30 pm

Hmm. Still doesn't on mine. First it will go to the correct place, and
then pop to the top of the thread almost immediately.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2010 at 3:18:24 pm

Does your URL have a hash mark and then a number at the end?

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2010 at 3:38:52 pm

This was the URL I got when clicking on the email link:

http://mobi.creativecow.net/readpost/1/857486#857502

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2010 at 3:40:24 pm

Interesting... That URL takes me to the right place on my Android phone. Are you using an iPhone or something else?

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2010 at 3:41:11 pm

iPhone, yes.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2010 at 3:49:24 pm

That's strange because using the method of throwing a hash at the browser and having it scroll to that anchor is pretty basic HTML and the iPhone should interpret it correctly =\
There are other methods to make the browser scroll down but it requires some non-standard Javascript. I'll try running a few tests on the iPhone to see if I can see why it's not responding correctly.

Thank you for the feedback,

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2010 at 2:38:07 pm

I am still having trouble with this issue. It's really bad when the thread is super long, I then have to scroll down to the bottom. I wish I could take a movie of what is happening.

Also, there's some sort of format issue in the reply box. Here's a screen grab. It makes it really hard to type and edit once you go beyond the first few lines.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2010 at 3:33:32 pm

Hello Jeremy,

I've added a little bit more space under the message box. Strange that the iPhone is rendering the HTML like that =\
It's also strange that the iPhone isn't redirecting your properly with the hash tag as I'm being redirected properly with my Android. Perhaps we should start putting the mobile link in the emails so we don't rely on the iPhone using the redirects properly.

We'll figure this out, appreciate you bringing this back up.

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2010 at 4:26:58 pm

I've made the readpost links from the forums now go to respective readpost pages in the mobi with only a single post on the page. The thread links should also go to their respective pages. Let me know if this works to solve the problem for you.

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2010 at 4:40:05 pm

That works tremendously. At least it did on this little test. Thanks so much!

The formatting seems to be working better, but if the text doesn't auto-wrap, and I carriage return down to the bottom line, the text is hidden and I can't see what I'm typing. Screen grab in a second.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2010 at 4:43:31 pm

Here's the screen grab. It's a little close, but the best I could do. When typing, the word "hidden" is hidden from my view. The very bottom of the text disappears in the interface, and the text seems to be hidden underneath it. It's hard to explain. Maybe there's something wrong with my particular phone?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2010 at 5:36:47 pm

Hello Jeremy,

I've changed the viewport on the page. Hopefully that helps. I'm kinda working blind as I don't have an iPhone only and Android to test for you. There's a lot of iPhone emulators but none that I've found are very good.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2010 at 5:41:22 pm

This is a test. Only a test

Yes! That totally fixed it.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2010 at 5:44:34 pm

Wow, that's amazing LOL

Thanks Jeremy

Abraham

Return to posts index

Brian MossRe: Cow Mobi
by on Aug 17, 2010 at 12:23:50 am

Something I just noticed when typing in the message box on my iPhone I can not scroll up and down the message to fix a typo or make sure what I wrote makes sense

This could be something I am doing wrong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]