CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Deactivated Post

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don GreeningDeactivated Post
by on May 5, 2010 at 7:05:18 pm

I went to answer a seemingly innocent post in the XDCAM EX forum today and it's listed as deactivated. Just curious as to why. This was the O.P.'s first post.

- Don

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Deactivated Post
by on May 5, 2010 at 7:30:54 pm

Hi Don,

The user was shocked to see that their name was in Google and wanted it removed from the COW. We warn them when they sign-up -- and even make them check the box (which is not pre-checked by default) that acknowledges that Google will pick them up quick -- but it still shocks some people.

So they asked to have it turned off.

Google loves the COW, and so anything looked up at Google that is in the COW, gets high ranking at Google and therein lies the shock value.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Don GreeningRe: Deactivated Post
by on May 5, 2010 at 7:49:32 pm

Thanks for the explanation, Ron. Makes sense. I remember being rather surprised when I Googled my own name a long time ago and saw that it was all stuff from the COW.

- Don

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Deactivated Post
by on May 5, 2010 at 7:56:41 pm

You're welcome, Don.

By the way, it's an honor to have you in the COW interacting with the members. It is great to have you as one of the leaders here.

I can still remember when you first became a part of this long ago and I wrote you and asked if you'd like to join the team. It's been a long ride and it has grown over the years, hasn't it?

We are hard at work on many new things that will benefit our members and one of them is going to be of genuine interest to you, Don. Hint, hint. ;o)

Have fun,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Don GreeningRe: Deactivated Post
by on May 6, 2010 at 6:25:13 pm

Everything sounds quite intriguing, Ron. Looking forward to seeing the COW moving forward.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]