CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Trying to find a good forum with info for outfitting my grip van

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan WoodworthTrying to find a good forum with info for outfitting my grip van
by on Apr 25, 2010 at 1:12:55 am

I couldn't find anything on here for production vehicles so I'm wondering if anyone knows a good forum on the web for building a grip van? I've got a van that has all the shelving in it like a plumber might have and a lot of it is useful but some is just taking up too much space. I'm hoping to find info on cool solutions for storing c-stands and stuff like that.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Trying to find a good forum with info for outfitting my grip van
by on Apr 25, 2010 at 11:01:14 am

Try the Indie Film and Documentary forum, just because there's a lot of production discussion there. I've also got somebody to point to that discussion - Ken Martini, who wrote an article for our "Power of Artistic Passion" issue of Creative COW Magazine. He actually built a van pretty much from scratch! Follow the Magazine link in the upper left of the orange nav bar at the top of the page....

Tim Wilson
Associate Publisher, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine

My Blog: "Is this thing on? Oh it's on!"

Don't forget to rate your favorite posts!

Return to posts index

Jordan WoodworthRe: Trying to find a good forum with info for outfitting my grip van
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 5:46:27 pm

Thanks everyone, Martini's article was very helpful. I'm outfitting an E150 so I'm on a smaller scale than the big Izuzu truck, but it's a start and one day my goal is to have need for a bigger vehicle.

Return to posts index

John FishbackRe: Trying to find a good forum with info for outfitting my grip van
by on Apr 25, 2010 at 9:10:47 pm

Also try the Lighting Design Pros forum.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Trying to find a good forum with info for outfitting my grip van
by on Apr 25, 2010 at 11:29:07 pm

[John Fishback] "Also try the Lighting Design Pros forum."

Oooh, even better! Go there!

Return to posts index

Fred JodryRe: Trying to find a good forum with info for outfitting my grip van
by on Apr 26, 2010 at 8:00:27 pm

Do all of the above but some of us have partly wooden vans and a serious start on you! If you`re near water see if some boat builders have spare wood and metal struts you can laminate.Your cutting and drilling tools should have harder cutting surfaces than what they`re digging into, and sharp.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]