CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

moderation troubles

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony wisemoderation troubles
by on Apr 19, 2010 at 9:04:43 pm

I uploaded my reel to the site. I was in moderation because I hadn't posted for awhile, but eventually my reel did get posted. Now I want to reply to comment about the reel and a message appears saying I'm still in moderation and can't post. I'm a bit confused about the moderation process. Any advice. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: moderation troubles
by on Apr 21, 2010 at 3:44:57 pm

Hello Tony,

We never set any account to automatically be able to post.

It isn't personal but is the way that we have coded our mechanisms so that we do not have all the spam and noise that you find across many forums sites on the net.

We allow new accounts to post but the posts and comments go into an "approval queue" and one of our moderators has to look at the ones that we approve and cull the ones that we don't. (You would be surprised at the amount of spam that this process culls from our system. In a day of auto-bots and spamming spiders, etc., we have to do this to make our site work on a professional level of signal-to-noise.)

Yes, we apologize for the inconvenience of having to watch your posts go into a queue and not directly be posted to the boards, but it is the price of dealing with all the knuckleheads on the internet that want to destroy the work of others.

But, said simply: if you post, we will approve your posts and comments and then you will find your account green-lighted by our mechanism down the road a bit.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]