CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

HP DreamColor LP2480zx and HP ProBook 4510s

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cham KawshalHP DreamColor LP2480zx and HP ProBook 4510s
by on Apr 7, 2010 at 1:24:14 pm

Hi. I am planing to up Set up a HP DreamColor LP2480zx monitor to work with my HP Laptop ProBook 4510s. Its mainly for color corrections and design work. I would like to know if this high end monitor supports my Laptop. I have seen a few posts from Greg Staten who works for HP and would like your comments on this. Cheers!

Return to posts index

Greg StatenRe: HP DreamColor LP2480zx and HP ProBook 4510s
by on Apr 8, 2010 at 1:24:24 pm

Hi Cham.

The ProBook 4510s only has VGA out. It will drive the DreamColor LP2480zx display via the VGA to DVI-I cable included with the display, but as that resolution is right at the wall bandwidth-wide for VGA the image may be a bit soft.

Unfortunately that's really your only option for that notebook as it doesn't have a docking station port and USB-based display solutions currently only drive resolutions up to 1600x1200. (You could certainly feed that resolution to the DreamColor LP2480zx display but you'd only be using only the inner 4x3 of the display with black bars on the sides.

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

Cham KawshalRe: HP DreamColor LP2480zx and HP ProBook 4510s
by on Apr 11, 2010 at 1:48:40 pm

Thank you for the advice. I will try to hold on to it till I get a system with a better config. Cheers!

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: HP DreamColor LP2480zx and HP ProBook 4510s
by on Apr 11, 2010 at 4:53:34 pm

We love our desktop HP DreamColor monitors here at The COW, Sham, but if you're a laptop lover, don't forget - HP just announced two new models of EliteBooks that have optional DreamColor screens built-in. They've had the 17" since last year, but the new 15" is amaaaazing. I got to see one in person not too long ago, and I really, really want one. :-)

Anyway, a couple of very nice options to save up for down the road....

Tim

Tim Wilson
Creative Cow Magazine!

My Blog: "Is this thing on? Oh it's on!"

Don't forget to rate your favorite posts!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]