CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Waiting time for upload

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dimitris GrimanelisWaiting time for upload
by on Feb 13, 2010 at 6:07:47 pm

Hello again,
as i am new to the cow community, i dont know yet how some things work here.
i tried uploading a video at the music video contest earlier,as an "as is" file (it was a main concept .mp4 file),but when it was uploaded to the site, there was no sign of loading (only a black screen where the video should start playing).
so i deleted it and posted it again,letting "cow" re-render it to be available for the flash player.
i've done this two hours ago,but my video is not uploaded yet(said it was in moderation,pending approval or something like that).
is it regular or should i re-upload my file?
thx for your time

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Waiting time for upload
by on Feb 13, 2010 at 6:41:57 pm

It is live, Dimitris. You can find it here.

On weekends we do not do everything instantly, we cruise a bit and take it easier than we do during the week.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
CEO, CreativeCOW.net

Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Gandhi

Better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with the poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Return to posts index

Dimitris GrimanelisRe: Waiting time for upload
by on Feb 13, 2010 at 6:50:06 pm

Thanks for yor response, but unfortunantely the quality of the video has become terrible after the re-rendering for the flash player...
Maybe,a should upload without a re-rendering from "cow"??
My file is an .mp4 and is repsectible quality without the rerender from "cow"(i dont know why it didnt play the first time i uploaded it)
Maybe convert it to an .flv file?
Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Waiting time for upload
by on Feb 13, 2010 at 8:21:55 pm

Whatever compression you use, you should keep in mind that the general consensus is that a video shouldn't be more than 1.0 to 1.5 MBPS if it is going to be playable by the majority of people on the net.

You can upload by-passing our compression and we will support your upload and not compress it, but if it is like some of the videos in this contest that do this -- using 5 MBPS and more, for example -- they are playable by few.

We are working on our upcoming video support that we will launch in the future, that will allow us to have multiple versions of each file online to serve everyone from small to large bandwidth pipes. As of today, we only support one version per video -- so choose wisely. ;o)

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
CEO, CreativeCOW.net

Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Gandhi

Better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with the poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]