Re: 3CameraLiveSwitchingSystem(simple guide) by Fred Jodry on Jan 13, 2010 at 9:39:14 pm
Some things you`ll need for it (engineering digest not complete list):
1. RGB or other mixer, switcher, effects video board.
2. Adjustable delay lines for timing input phases.
3. A synch source to guide all possible cameras plus frame synchronizers for any video inputs that can`t be synchronized.
4. Methods to delay video a few fields or frames to compensate for the delay from the distance of the microphone(s) from the take.
5. Oscilloscopes, ground wire shunts, and other means of troubleshooting and stopping AC ground loops and Radio Stations signals bleed- ins.
6. Audio mixer board with phase polarity and tone controls.
7. Don`t forget to build in, "preview and programming" switching into the mixers. Mixing in empty or black channels is sometimes squelch.
8. An operator who monitors and adjusts the intercom lines.
9. Enough good operators to run things properly from gaffing, to iris adjustment on each camera, and a stage or location manager too.
10. Lighting note, if you are running a studio with colored lights, you make sure the clear lights not "most or all colors" make the neutrally colored regular segments, otherwise your taking colors will look like brown mud or similar distortions, and your lighting electric bill will be, Yeouch! You learned this from ME.
11. If you want to make your production crummy, use a bad electrician, poor batteries, no good battery tester, and a lack of test and monitoring eqt.
12. A pencil notepad of the good and bad luck.
13. Make nice stuff the public wants. Arrange and advertise in advance.
3 camera live Switching System
by Jason Chesebrough on Jan 13, 2010 at 2:38:35 pm
I'm looking for some information on how to build a 3-4 camera live switching system that records to DVD.
I would like all the cameras to have Pan and Tilt heads. Thanks