CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Video and its comments removed in TRAILER CONTEST!

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan S. NagyVideo and its comments removed in TRAILER CONTEST!
by on Dec 27, 2009 at 6:51:36 am

The idea of Trailer Contest seemed nice to me.
Not that I had any real hopes that my trailer would win, but it gives the pros and wannabees a nice opportunity for exposure and sure, the money is not bad either.
However; after a video that I commented on was removed for no apparent reason second time in the row together with my comment by certain Dwelb Fwibben, I am starting to doubt that this is a legitimate competition.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Ron LindeboomRe: Video and its comments removed in TRAILER CONTEST!
by on Dec 27, 2009 at 4:30:07 pm

The person in question slammed one of the very best trailers in the library, The Legacy, and made some disparaging remarks about it. When a user or two made similar remarks about their trailer, they then took great offense when treated in like fashion. It went downhill from there and we saw it spiraling downward in a storm of insults and slams and so we removed it. Why? Because it is the focus of this site to build a professionals community, and while amateurs are welcome to take part, they are not the focus of this community -- we have had this policy for over 14 years now -- and when they begin slamming the work of pros and foment the kinds of shooting matches that were going on, we say, "Why bother?" We have never hidden the fact that we can and do remove things, turn accounts off, etc., and state as much in our terms of service.

The contest is legit and the video we removed was very amateurish and was in no way ever going to be even in sight of the contenders. If that offends you, that is your call. We have for going on 15 years now, always removed people that want to take cheap shots at other people.

As I have said many times over the years, we do not build this as an anything-goes type of site. When things fall below our signal standard, we remove it. Always have. It is why the site is so high signal and does not have the obligatory "crap fests" that you find in nearly every other forums site of this type.

We have been doing it this way for well over 14 years now and we do not plan to change any time soon.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Gandhi

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Ivan S. NagyRe: Video and its comments removed in TRAILER CONTEST!
by on Dec 28, 2009 at 3:06:27 pm

Ok Ron, I did not know about that other trailer "Legacy".
I agree it is well done and she should not have slammed it.
Obviously we all want harmony on this site.

Happy New Year,
Ivan

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Video and its comments removed in TRAILER CONTEST!
by on Dec 28, 2009 at 3:50:18 pm

Yes, as we like to joke: cows like things mellow in the grassy fields.

No one else has given The Legacy lower than 4 points -- no threes, no twos -- but the member in question gave it a one, like it was junk. Clearly, the pros with history here were giving high praise to The Legacy.

We are pleased that most everyone has been very respectful and quite good about the contest. But we have had two people that literally got their friends from off-site, with no history here, to come and slam a bunch of the best trailers in the contest -- while having these friends give their trailers five cows. Last Saturday, I spent about three hours or so, just going through the site and the server logs and finding the accounts of those that voted a bunch of one cow ratings for some of the best reels in the standings, while giving one five cow -- to their friend.

We kill stuff like that here. The people with history count. The people that come in like a bunch of rabid fanboys and try to highjack the ratings, quickly find their votes removed and their accounts closed.

This is a site dedicated to working professionals, not a bunch of rabid fanboys.

We want a real contest, not one that runs like something on MySpace or Facebook or YouTube.

Thanks for understanding, Ivan.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]