CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad BrewerIs it a bird? Is it a plane?
by on Dec 10, 2009 at 1:51:19 am

Or is it Bob Zelin flying across the country to slap someone?
Anyway, the Cow's cornerstone top image of the orange landscape and sun has this dark speck in one of the cloud's in the left third portion. I want to Photoshop it so badly. However, maybe it is a part of nature that has intentionally been left in the image and Photoshopping should be left for the models on the covers of magazines.
Or, maybe it's the Cow Dog on a flying beer run?

Chad Brewer

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
by on Dec 10, 2009 at 4:43:10 pm

You have figured it out, Chad. It is indeed Cowdog on a flying beer run to gather up the suds needed to join Bob Zelin in his flight across the country to bring slaps to good little boys and girls everywhere during these festive holiday times.

Man, you have good eyes...

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

Return to posts index

Chad BrewerRe: Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's CowDog
by on Dec 11, 2009 at 2:25:23 am

I want to have a beer with "said" dog. I love West Coast Pale Ales. I bet CowDog does too.

Chad Brewer

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's CowDog
by on Dec 11, 2009 at 3:01:11 pm

I had to wait until this morning to nudge the old dog and ask him this question, Chad. (Seems he was too "suds" to understand the question when I asked him last night.)

Yes, he does indeed like the West Coast Pale Ales but says his favorites are "the thick, dark and malty" varieties. Says Cowdog: "If you can drop a handful of kibble into the suds and they don't fall to the bottom of the glass, you have my attention -- and my canine respect."

Our Persian cat, Boris, says that he prefers a bold, rich Syrah, or perhaps an especially fruit-forward Mourvédre.

They fight like cats and dogs over this stuff.

Trying hard to maintain the peace,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

David BraswellRe: Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
by on Dec 11, 2009 at 4:33:06 pm

Darn I shouldn't have read this. Now that pixel is all I see when I look at the header!

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
by on Dec 11, 2009 at 4:47:09 pm

That's why we put it there, David. ;o)

But if you own the version of Photoshop that you see on TV cop shows, you can blow it up until you see that it is NOT really a pixel but is an entire world filled with merry Disney animals frolicking in the woods -- but oh crap! they've shot Bambi's mother again!#@!

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
by on Dec 11, 2009 at 8:53:00 pm

Even after I've read this, it still makes me think there's a speck of dirt on my screen.

Return to posts index

Vince BecquiotRe: Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
by on Dec 13, 2009 at 11:09:53 pm

I decided to go buy a higher resolution display and now it's smaller...

Vince Becquiot

Kaptis Studios
San Francisco - Bay Area

Return to posts index

Chad BrewerRe: Is it a quarter? Is it a nickel?
by on Dec 14, 2009 at 3:38:39 am

Finally....My economic stimulus plan is working....Samsung 1080's for everyone this year!!!

Chad Brewer

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Is it a quarter? Is it a nickel?
by on Dec 19, 2009 at 1:21:38 am

We got our Samsungs in the office today. Thanks Chad.

I have to laugh when to this day I see the magic version of photoshop still being used on tv cop shows. Lie to Me, a decent show, does this all the time. On a recent episode they zoomed in on a glass window and saw the exact facial expression reflected from someone nearby. Amazing. And of course such zooming can only be activated by lots of furious typing, with each keystroke accompanied by a beep.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Is it a quarter? Is it a nickel?
by on Dec 19, 2009 at 1:28:31 am

[Mike Cohen] "I have to laugh when to this day I see the magic version of photoshop still being used on tv cop shows. Lie to Me, a decent show, does this all the time. On a recent episode they zoomed in on a glass window and saw the exact facial expression reflected from someone nearby. Amazing. And of course such zooming can only be activated by lots of furious typing, with each keystroke accompanied by a beep."

I have now upgraded to Photoshop Magic v8.o and I have to say, it is well...magic!

I had to grab an image and blow up a picture of someone that had walked by our office and their thoughts had altered the electro-magnetic spectrum in such a way that their unique "thought print" caused a discernible and reproducible shift that allowed us to capture the image in full 8k high resolution.

Who'd uh thought?

You'll never see me going back to the Photoshop Mortal, ever again.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Chad BrewerTV Cop Shows Are Still on TV?
by on Dec 19, 2009 at 3:15:48 am

Recently, I did the final online for something that was finished in 35mm in the early '80s and recently transferred to HD...My client wanted me to Photoshop out the film dirt specks and grain for the first 10 minutes of the program and bring them back in to the final edit....Don't ask how many frames I had to fix...You don't want to know...But there is a "magic" version of Photoshop out there?

Chad Brewer
Senior Tape Operator
TeleVersions

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: TV Cop Shows Are Still on TV?
by on Dec 19, 2009 at 4:25:40 am

Years ago the local equivalent of Barney Fife came into the office with a VHS tape from the local fillin' station. A local yout had pumped gas and dashed off without paying. The car was caught on grainy black and white video, but from the roof. I was asked if I could enhance the image. At the time we were using Sorenson Squeeze on the Mac, which had a function whereby it could take the average of several frames of video and build a better new image, taking the best parts from each frame. Amazingly we were able to see absolutely nothing useful in the resulting image.
I was able to sharpen and lighten the image so we could make out the approximate make and model of the car. The resulting APB read:

"Attention all units in the vicinity of Shell on Main St. Be on the lookout for a late model blue, red, silver or beige 2-door or 4-door Chevy, Ford or Pontiac car. License plate contains letters or numbers. Suspect is a male or female and is to be considered armed (or not) and dangerous (probably not)."

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]