CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Cool forum

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike CohenCool forum
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 1:41:16 am

I spend so much time in certain other forums, I have just now discovered this one. It is like getting a behind the scenes look at the COW. Like the behind the scenes tour at Disneyworld, except instead of seeing costumed characters with their heads off roaming the Utilidors, we get to see Bob Zelin actually rip peoples' heads off. Very cool.

I was going to suggest an ENG/EFP forum - as such activities usually involve a little bit of everything, and we don't see a lot of posts from news shooters and the like. Or maybe I'm not looking in the right forums. But then I figured between Broadcast Video, High end HD, Lighting and Audio forums, we have most aspects of ENG and EFP covered. And the Business and Marketing forum is sort of a catch all for the overflow - we'll answer anything.

Anyway, always good to discover a new area of the COW. Kind of like opening old boxes of trinkets in Grandma's basement, only without the mildew smell!

Cheers.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Bob ZelinRe: Cool forum
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 4:11:44 am

I actually think that creative cow need a forum for everything. It would be ideal if EVERY DAMN MANUFACTURER would have a forum (like Sonnet, Euphonix, Digidesign, and countless others) and sponsor banner ads in their own fourm to support it. I often feel (when I get into trouble) - gee, how come there isn't a XYZ forum for that product. As Cow continues to take over the industry, I see no reason why EVERY manufacturer isn't solicited, and offered to sponsor their own forum. Of course, as we know, there are SOME vendors that are afraid of forums like Creative Cow, as they don't want to be bashed in public. No one earns my respect more than a company that gets bashed over and over, and they keep responding, and trying to make things work, and make customers happy. This shows that a company is behind their own product.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Cool forum
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 5:15:07 am

[Bob Zelin] "No one earns my respect more than a company that gets bashed over and over, and they keep responding, and trying to make things work, and make customers happy. This shows that a company is behind their own product."

I would agree mostly, (he said, quaking in fear that Bob might reach for the XLR cables and pummel him if he were of a disagreeable sort). But what I really love to see are the companies who learn from their customers, give them what they want, quit getting beat and make a lot of money selling people what they want.

There are a few companies we have asked to leave as they just do not fit the COW profile. Companies that insist on NOT refunding monies when the product really doesn't work, or will not let a user sell a license that the company rep stalked a user until they beat them into buying the thing and when it isn't what the used thought they were getting, they won't let them sell it. Bull, me says. And so I have walked some companies from the COW and never want them back.

Some companies simply do not "get" the COW and think that we are going to shut people up for them because they buy ads. It doesn't work that way. It can't, not if the site is going to serve any real and legitimate purpose. To find companies that truly can function as a part of this community is not 100% -- although all of the new ones you mentioned, Bob, look like good candidates. We just haven't been asked and no one has come forward to host. But I think the time may have come with them to ask the companies to assist as they are all good companies you mentioned.

Thanks, Bob.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Cool forum
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 3:39:21 pm

I have found that the Matrox forum in particular has great feedback from actual company employees.

In the consumer world, Best Buy has a forum on their site where people routinely gripe about customer service issues. And Best Buy management is said to read the boards and help people with serious problems. If you believe Best Buy management that is.

Or you could always do what this guy did:

Mike

Return to posts index

Mike LuzanskyRe: Cool forum
by on Dec 5, 2009 at 9:28:45 pm

I too just discovered this. Looking forward to interacting on here.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Cool forum
by on Dec 5, 2009 at 10:10:31 pm

Thanks guys. We love feedback.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]