CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Descriptions

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris BovéDescriptions
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 12:48:29 pm

Hi all! Just a quick message. I've been Moo-ing for years. Promoting this site to everyone I find. Bumped into a producer on an old project yesterday. Asked him if he uses the COW at all. He said barely. Said "It's a place for NAB-based tekkies and not very producer friendly".

Baffled me! Even busy producers need help, right? Be it tekkie help or not.

I asked what the Cow folks could do to make him visit more. His answer was simple: "Under each forum's title, have them write a one-sentence description of what the heck that forum's subject does. Sure I know what an Avid is or what to expect by visiting a forum called HD-High-End, but I don';t know what the heck most of that other stuff does... much less if any of it can help my project. If it can't be described in one sentence, it's not worth my time.

So what do you think? Sure a lot of it would be "duh", but something like:
Adobe After Effects
Animation software by Adobe

DaVinci
For color correctors

Canon Cameras
All things Canon, all the time!

I think the most confusion comes from specialty items like Synth Aperture... I can just hear "What the heck does that do?"

______
/-o-o-
`(=)`/...Pixel Monkey
`(___)

A picture says 1000 words. Editors give them meaning.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Ron LindeboomRe: Descriptions
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 3:13:18 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, Chris. And thanks especially for your enthusiasm and support and lobbying on behalf of the COW.

The feature you suggest *was* a part of the COW for years, and was found by using the forum directory choice "categorical, with descriptions" but it looks as if in all of the changes we made, we left that one out.

Thanks for the reminder, we will get it added back in.

Best always,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]