CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Data recovery forum category

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John BerardiData recovery forum category
by on Sep 25, 2009 at 6:04:06 am

I don't see any forum dedicated to data recovery from hard drives. Maybe that is because it is too vast a subject and there are so many programs and every hard disk has its own system. But It might be useful. For instance I have an ipod that will not mount. I would like to be able to recover the songs on it before I reformat it. Neither of which I can do through Itunes or the ipod software, if there is any. It would be nice if I could find some software for download that can be trusted and is FREE so I can accomplish this. Maybe you have the answer. Either way you should start a forum that deals with these issues.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Data recovery forum category
by on Sep 25, 2009 at 5:01:09 pm

This is such a complicated field, one that which when done wrong will wipe out any chance of recovery, and so we recommend leaving it to the experts.

We are a professional's site, one wherein most of the people here work with these tools for a living, and so we do not recommend free data recovery tools -- nor do we wish to open a "Gamblers Data Recovery" forum.

Real data recovery is expensive but when your fanny is on the line, you cannot afford to gamble.

There are free sites out there for this kind of thing; we are not one of them.

Sorry.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]