CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

my favorite Cow article ever

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelinmy favorite Cow article ever
by on Sep 19, 2009 at 5:17:52 pm

Heavy Iron, by Zed Saeed is my favorite Creative Cow article ever. I read this article 4 times. I would love to see more articles by him. I would also love to see articles by Mark Raudonis, Shane Solansky, and Jordan Woods.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: my favorite Cow article ever
by on Sep 20, 2009 at 8:57:39 pm

I'll be sure to pass that along to him. He's written a couple more for us that also got very strong responses.

re: this particular article, it inspired the theme for the next issue, which is "Thinking Big." His company started with three guys sleeping on couches in the office because they couldn't afford rent for both that and an apartment, getting fed by one of their moms -- and became one of the most respected small post houses in Hollywood.

I also like his very much real-world observation that part of the "digital video revolution" is that it allows very small groups people to build 50TB shared storage systems, and buy tape decks for "only" $65,000. There's a difference between "cheap" and "good value." The way to big success is to keep having lots of small ones, with the profits from each subsidizing the next....

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]