CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Incomplete tutorial?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary BernadetteIncomplete tutorial?
by on Aug 30, 2009 at 5:05:33 pm

I am trying to recreate the effects in "Peel-Away Vortex" Transition Effect Hosted by Aharon Rabinowitz.
I can create the two compositions "Text_Wipe" and "BuildUp" from the brief summary in the Tutorial, but don't know where Aharon gets the "Form" included in the Main Composition. I can't locate "Tutorial 21" which is mentioned in "Vortex.flv" because I can't locate any numbering system.

When I tried to load the "Vortex_Full_Project.aep" I got a message stating there were 11 references to missing effects and was asked to install the effects "Light Factory", "Form", "RG Shadow" and "Looks")
I did not see what version of After Effects was being used or the platform.
I do own CS3 and CS4 (Macintosh), but I'm forced to use After Effects 7.0 (PC) at college. As I result I haven't loaded CS4 (it clashes with CS3 currently loaded, I'd load 7.0, but I can't get a copy).
Can someone advise where the missing components come from. I.e. are they part of CS4 or do they come from another source?
Confused

Return to posts index

Mary BernadetteRe: Incomplete tutorial?
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 8:55:44 am

I loaded CS4 to see if there was any change and I still get the same message telling me there are missing components i.e. "Light Factory", "Form", "RG Shadow" and "Looks".
I did not see any note on the "Vortex" tutorial saying that add-ins were being used. But without comfirmation, I assume this is the problem. It would be nice if the author could inform the user up front that they cannot create the effects in the tutorial unless they pay money. Also, I don't have a credit card, so even if I was willing to buy the product (whatever it is) I can't.
All I got out of the tutorial in the end was frustration and disappointment. Nice effects but only for those with a job.
I would appreciate any alternative options that approximate the effects, that I could run in at least one version of After Effects.
Hopeful
Mary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]