CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Burning DVD's

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam FaulBurning DVD's
by on Aug 10, 2009 at 10:25:29 pm

Help! My drive does not recognize a blank disks anymore. Through a series of uninstalling/reinstalling some software on my Dell 2400 (including Nero), my NC2500A burner using Nero6.6 will no longer recognize a blank CD/DVD- in the burner. I have spent 30 hours reading, e-mailing including nero (no help). NEC Zero help also, their site says i have the correct driver and will not let me reinstall it from their site. It will recognize DVD+ ONLY. I have 3 stacks of name brand CD/DVD- . I also have a newer printer that will burn a label on disks but what I found in printable CD/DVD's are in - none in +. This burner worked fine before the un/reinstalling programs and using the same brand disks. Any suggestions?
Appreciate any help.
I hope this is the appropriate place to post this.

Return to posts index

Fred JodryRe: Burning DVD's
by on Aug 24, 2009 at 6:27:57 pm

Sam, here`s what usually works for me. Order a perfectly good Pioneer or Plextor or - - replacement. Take the old NEC recorder and leave it with no wires attached on a hot (weathery, hot and cold) shelf for about 2 months. Take it apart, give it a good cleaning, reassemble, then install it, whether in the original machine and with the original software, or not or not, as best as your chores do. See if it plays disks now. Then try to match it up to recording software and it`s first project again, giving the software and it, at least 2 minutes to detect each other. If this doesn`t work, I think that your NEC might be the same machine and different C-mos recording as a Plextor PX-504A. Mail it to them for a rebuilding if you want to. The NEC DVD recorders I`m familiar with were originally issued in some computer brands to be marginal or unable to record on DVD- blanks. Still it`s sensible to make DVD- blanks recordable on them as they are the standard original boot kind.
Burning DVD's
by Sam Faul on Aug 10, 2009 at 6:25:29 pm
Help! My drive does not recognize a blank disks anymore. Through a series of uninstalling/reinstalling some software on my Dell 2400 (including Nero), my NC2500A burner using Nero6.6 will no longer recognize a blank CD/DVD- in the burner. I have spent 30 hours reading, e-mailing including nero (no help). NEC Zero help also, their site says i have the correct driver and will not let me reinstall it from their site. It will recognize DVD+ ONLY. I have 3 stacks of name brand CD/DVD- . I also have a newer printer that will burn a label on disks but what I found in printable CD/DVD's are in - none in +. This burner worked fine before the un/reinstalling programs and using the same brand disks. Any suggestions?
Appreciate any help.
I hope this is the appropriate place to post this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]