CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

the infamous FCP forum

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelinthe infamous FCP forum
by on Aug 4, 2009 at 9:11:54 pm

You should start another website just for this forum. We have discussed this before, but it is simply staggering to me, how popular, and how complex and confusing this forum is. Everything from newbie questions to advanced disk drive array setups. I don't know if you like it that way, or you want to "administrate it", and break it up - redirecting posts to their proper forums, but I can tell you one thing - it is hard as hell trying to find posts on this forum.

I feel bad for guys that post 4 days ago, and their posts are 300 lines down the page, where no one will find them.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: the infamous FCP forum
by on Aug 9, 2009 at 10:30:55 pm

[Bob Zelin] "I feel bad for guys that post 4 days ago, and their posts are 300 lines down the page, where no one will find them. "

Bob,

Somehow I believe that neither Ron nor Kathlyn is terribly unhappy about posts being pushed way down the page quickly by lots and lots of new posts.

David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

Tony StampaliaRe: the infamous FCP forum
by on Aug 18, 2009 at 12:49:41 pm

Here's another suggestion.

As I found a lot of questions become posted and re-posted. WHy not create an area to answer FAQ's and issues with a big disclaimer to check their first.

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: the infamous FCP forum
by on Aug 18, 2009 at 3:00:12 pm

You win the award for being the 1,000th person to suggest a FAQ and who didn't bother to look and see that there is already one.

We gave up on FAQs long ago. In fact, the leaders that used to update it so diligently have now stopped doing it as they kept referring people to it and people just kept ignoring it.

It is that human nature thingie. You know, the thingie about you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Congratulations on your prize, Tony.

And in the spirit of Billy Mays, you get two prizes for the price of one for being so insulting to other users as well.

And you get bonus points for this one, too. Oh, and then there's this one. And when you get called on things, you are oh so mature as in this post.

As the guy in that thread asked you: do you get paid to insult people on this forum or is it just a hobby?

Ron Lindeboom

PS: for those that think this whole response came out of nowhere and is an over-reaction to what was said in this post, I have removed a bunch of others that are simply not in keeping with our policies and have left this one as a warning to those that want to act like Tony. We do not tolerate people like this at the COW. They have a short lifespan here at the COW. Follow the links I have left. You will get the point.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]