CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Abraham Please See

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan AsselinAbraham Please See
by on Aug 3, 2009 at 2:31:38 pm

Abraham please look at this post I made today

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/1/856904

It's a little bit down the feedback forum so it could easily be missed.

Besides, if anything is done with this I am sure it would be you who ends up doing the work anyways ;-)

Dan

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Abraham Please See
by on Aug 3, 2009 at 2:54:05 pm

Hello Dan,

I can definitely see adding the search bar to the add a post page. I'm not sure that having it forced upon people is the right approach. One thing that we've done is provide a FAQ for different forums that have has common questions show up over and over. This FAQ appears right inside the box where new posts are created to make it very obvious that people should check the FAQ before making a new thread.

My personal feeling is you want to make it obvious where people can get the answer to the question before they post but I don't find force to be a viable solution to any dilemma.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Dan AsselinRe: Abraham Please See
by on Aug 3, 2009 at 4:08:58 pm

I agree in your perception of the "forced" part of this equation but thought I would mention it as a possibilty. I think that the more important idea is to differentiate from the standard search engine is ease of use offered at the most appropriate time.

Thanks;

Dan Asselin

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Abraham Please See
by on Aug 3, 2009 at 4:19:13 pm

Makes sense. The search bar on the threads, posts, forum, and now the add post pages are set to search the current forum. This, I believe gives people the opportunity you are looking for. The FAQ on some forums is an additional means to give people the opportunity to find what they need before posting.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]