CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Account Deactivated (don't know why)

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason JenkinsAccount Deactivated (don't know why)
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 2:34:01 pm

Hi,

A month or so ago, my account got deactivated and as far as I can tell, I didn't do anything to warrant deactivation. I sent a few emails to Abraham and one to Ron, but got no response. My head also got removed from the Windows on Mac forum. When I last checked, my business listing was still up. Obviously, I've created a new account with a different email address, but it would be nice to have my original account back. Can anyone help me?

Thanks for your time,

-Jason Jenkins

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Account Deactivated (don't know why)
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 3:22:13 pm

Hello Jason,

The reason your account was deactivated, and that none of us bothered responding, was that you had set up an account with a bad address that bounced the notification notices that you requested for the things you were interested in. (So why write back when we could see that the address you were writing from was the same one that kept filling our in-boxes with bounces.)

We do not automatically send notifications and users must request them. When they do and they bounce for every single post that users make on the subjects that you are interested in, it gets quite messy in our in-boxes to deal with the bounces -- and so we turn off the offending account.

We notice that with this post you are using your Verizon account and not the account that you had registered previously with.

If you wish to be a part of the COW, then please use a real email address and we won't deactivate you. We will gladly reinstate you but it seems odd to us to have a leader whose account is not real and which bounces every time that an email is sent at the request of the user.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Jason JenkinsRe: Account Deactivated (don't know why)
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 4:02:04 pm

Ron,

Thanks so much for the response, I was starting to feel blacklisted. The email I was previously registered with (removed by admins) is my main email; my business email; the one I use all the time. I frequently get emails from the cow, so I'm a little dumbfounded to hear that you are getting bounce-backs. I'm not sure what is going on!?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 23, 2009 at 4:13:58 pm

Hi Ron,

After further review, I think I had more than one email associated with my account. The older one is a flowmotionvideo.com account versus the newer which is a flowmotionmedia.com account. The older flowmotionvideo.com I suspect is the problematic one. If we could expunge it from the system, perhaps that would clear things up.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 23, 2009 at 6:41:55 pm

Hi Jason,

It was the flowmotionvideo.com address that was bouncing.

I have updated the account and reset things accordingly.

Best,

Ron

Return to posts index

by on Jul 23, 2009 at 7:51:49 pm

Thanks Ron! I'm happy to be back!

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

by on Jul 23, 2009 at 10:04:52 pm

You are welcome, Jason.

Ron

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]